A Weird Taxus

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I don't think it could be Daconil, I had no issues for 4 years at my old place....
Very strange.
The roots looked normal, healthy in fact.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
It was overworked through too much / frequent pruning? It looks like you cut it again in September?

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
This one was over worked but not all of them were.
Even my bigger one which was collected from a hedge died.
Did you just leave that one alone to grow for a few years or did it never recover from the collection process? It is at least some comfort when you feel you can learn from the loss of trees. The worst part is not knowing what caused their demise.

The reason I lost most of my trees in the early days was chopping too much off too frequently. I'm a lot lazier with the scissors on developing stock these days.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Did you just leave that one alone to grow for a few years or did it never recover from the collection process? It is at least some comfort when you feel you can learn from the loss of trees. The worst part is not knowing what caused their demise.

The reason I lost most of my trees in the early days was chopping too much off too frequently. I'm a lot lazier with the scissors on developing stock these days.
Yes, largely untouched as I recall....I think I cut did a few long runners back but thats all.

Top Bottom