Aaron Hughes/Nat. Arb news report

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The arb and National Bonsai Foundation are doing a great job with the apprenticeship. I think Aaron is still listed on the Arb's web site as First apprentice. Tony Green is thee 2017 First Curator's Apprentice.
https://www.bonsai-nbf.org/tony-green-bonsai-explorer/
The position was established in 2011 and it is now financed with a grant from Toyota.

Might be worth donating some money to the NBF and the arb to support the collection. I can bring alot of information. I just got a slickly-produced Annual Report on the collection from the NBF. It goes out to all contributors, from the $10,000 folks to the $15 supporters.

Reactions: Vin

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
@rockm
Everything is on for this weekend down there, yes?
Rain or not?
I have an umbrella, but everyone else I know who was interested is bitching out due to the rain.
I actually like rain, it means I can work late without worrying about my trees drying out!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As far as I know, it's still on. Rain will make things messy though.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The arb and National Bonsai Foundation are doing a great job with the apprenticeship. I think Aaron is still listed on the Arb's web site as First apprentice. Tony Green is thee 2017 First Curator's Apprentice.
https://www.bonsai-nbf.org/tony-green-bonsai-explorer/
The position was established in 2011 and it is now financed with a grant from Toyota.

Might be worth donating some money to the NBF and the arb to support the collection. I can bring alot of information. I just got a slickly-produced Annual Report on the collection from the NBF. It goes out to all contributors, from the $10,000 folks to the $15 supporters.
I meant IT (making a donation) can bring a lot of information. I an very unreliable when it comes to information!

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@rockm
Everything is on for this weekend down there, yes?
Rain or not?
I have an umbrella, but everyone else I know who was interested is bitching out due to the rain.
I actually like rain, it means I can work late without worrying about my trees drying out!

Agreed! My partner and I will be attending Sunday. Can't wait.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Made it up to the show on Saturday. A bit underwhelmed by the juried show...

Top Bottom