About finished the bonsai garden

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I started building a bonsai garden about two years ago. This is only my 3rd season in bonsai now. Been working a lot on the garden for the past few weeks. Spent another 8 hours out there today and I think it's pretty much done now. Still waiting on some flowers to bloom but it's shaping up nicely.

bH4ANS.jpg

2hf7Vi.jpg

eqPlWv.jpg

ZF6gfr.jpg

fxNe7U.jpg

1u0kKp.jpg

WuLRsl.jpg

95CLnT.jpg

EeBFno.jpg

OSMCxn.jpg

v7JU8s.jpg

aTShGO.jpg

HGtx0e.jpg

IuTUv1.jpg

aOdvS6.jpg

X2KXnY.jpg

johng

Omono
Reaction score
That looks nice, Steve! And it looks like a lot of work has gone into it!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Great job Steve! Looks like a beautiful place to hang out.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well done. You put in a lot of hard work....time to step back and admire. Then...get back to work and make adjustments. Have fun!

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Agreed. My thought was that I noticed an absence of a cool drink on the patio table. Looks relaxing there.
I guess that is my problem. I do too much relaxing and not enough wiring.

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
Looks great. If you're anything like me (& probably most others here) I'd recommend planning the expansion now. More shelves and benches for more trees. :)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks like a great place for Family, Friends and Bonsai :) In reality like a home a garden is never finished. Kudos though!

Grimmy

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love it. Good plant material selection--all of them [from what I can see] have been well sited
and should do well if the soil is good. Excellent job with a medium sized multi-purpose space.
Enjoy; I am still like 5 years from being caught up enough to start a place to relax. Reason?
Five years or so work left---would not get any of it done if I had a place to retreat to.
Once again beautifully done.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm suddenly craving a gin and tonic. That looks like a great place to relax!
I was thinking of strong iced Vietnamese coffee with a lot of sugar....and that place to relax. Save a chair space for me.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks everyone. I guess I should not have said I was "done" though. Because I was out the other day and came across a private individual whom had a bunch of hosta for sale. So Now I have 7 new good sized hosta to plant. Probably going to rip up the grass in from of the gazebo area and fill that in with the new hosta now. Then I'll be done......maybe lol;)

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I once had 80 varieties of hosta...probably lost about a quarter acre of lawn creating the perennial gardens they were planted into. Say "no" to grass and "yes" to hosta!

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
-----Say "no" to grass and "yes" to hosta!----

Agree with ya on that for sure. For some reason I am a big fan of hosta, Right now I only have about 5 different varieties of it (variegated white/green, variegated yellow/green, Blue, traditional all green, and a narrow leaf style one) but I just love the stuff. Couple of the ones I planted a few years ago in the front yard are really huge this year. My blue one is easily 3ft in diameter now which is cool because it was just a young plant a few years ago but doing very well this year.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Yeah, the giant varieties were my favorite...'blue mammoth', 'T. rex", "sum and substance", "blue angel", "sum of all", 'Big daddy"...and maybe 10 more whose names I can't remember. They're all available on line for relatively little and a small start will be huge in just 3 to 4 years. I can't grow them here because the soil is too shallow and rocky....and then there's the deer

Top Bottom