Acer grandidentatum – Rocky Mountain Big Tooth Maple

Lost2301

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I styled my first Acer grandidentatum – Rocky Mountain Big Tooth Maple. Its a nursery tree with a trunk about the size of a beer can. I made a new page on my website for it. I think this is going to be a great tree in time. Any thoughts?

Colorado

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Awesome! I’ve come across your website multiple times, glad to see it’s proprietor posting here on BNut! I almost picked up one of these a couple weeks ago at Wilmore Nursery in Littleton. But the leaves were huge so I opted for an Amur instead.

Looks like they reduce quite well! I’m going to go back and get one now 😅😁

GGB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Never even heard of this species. On first glance it seems workable. Excited to see what happens

Lost2301

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Awesome! I’ve come across your website multiple times, glad to see it’s proprietor posting here on BNut! I almost picked up one of these a couple weeks ago at Wilmore Nursery in Littleton. But the leaves were huge so I opted for an Amur instead.

Looks like they reduce quite well! I’m going to go back and get one now 😅😁
I like Wilmore Nursery a lot. Have picked up a number of items from them. Check out their Cliff Fendlerbush stock, they have very tiny leaves and white flowers. They are a Colorado native species to. I have 3 of them. 2 from Wilmore. They can be chopped back and not suffer any harm. Look for New Mexico privet to, another great tree for Bonsai.