Acer Palmatum "Geisha Gone Wild"

Reaction score
I recently got an acer palmatum "Geisha Gone Wild" and I absolutely love it. Does anyone have any experience with this cultivar as a bonsai? Would love to hear about your experience.

Reaction score
Nope, but that's a really funny name.
I wonder if there's a similar cultivar called "College Geisha's Gone Wild"....?
If you haven't gotten a chance to see one, they're a beautiful variegated variety. bright Pink with green middle in spring, pale pink and green in summer and a stunning bright pink and purple in the fall. The younger bark has a nice deep purple as well. Gorgeous

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Dammit, now I need to go dig out my VCR..I actually looked to see if that was a name listed in Vertrees, lol. It is looks similar to butterfly in the book

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
It is a very pretty cultivar when in full show. It is red and pink variegated all over. The edges stay pink but the interior will turn olive by late summer. Can get ugly here in the summer but apparently better up north. Variegated maples are pretty much never used for bonsai but could make a conversation piece. It is not like butterfly. Butterfly is normally just green/white variegation. I have one called Karasugawa that has green, pink, and white. It is a weird name.

Top Bottom