Acer palmatum "Ishigami"

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I think I've posted other pictures of this tree before, but I couldn't find the thread again, so:

It started from a cutting that I put on a lava rock (pozzolane). this is the oldest photo I have:

Agust 2003:

20121030215929-05394dc0.jpg

September 2017, 14 years later:

20170915203118-e26b3da1-me.jpg

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
This rock and the roots clasping around it are such a becoming ensemble!
... ...So far, it's still very green.
Cannot wait to admire in its bright red gown, so please update later on.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Cannot wait to admire in its bright red gown, so please update later on.

I don't know. I've been thinking of suicide recently, but I'm still hesitating.

I mean, I'm 62 and this world is going to pieces.

One of the major polluters that could change things (the USA) going backwards to the 19th century, promting coal-based industry like in the early 19th century, I just can't believe it.

And what can the rest of the world do?...

I won't shoot myself: I live in a country where there is no "gun culture", we are not bandits.

I won't hang myself either.

Maybe drown myself in a barrel of IPA, why not ? :p

What's the best, the most elegant way to leave this world?

I exclude LSD and the like, it was OK when I was in my twenties, but when I die I want to be conscious and tell god, fuck off you clown, if this is the world you created, you're fired.

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Don't fucking do it
01 46 21 46 46

Do what ever it takes to keep going on. If it's just to say "fuck off" to god stay here and do something that makes you happy. Shit do something that makes someone else happy. If you think everything is screwed up try fixing it. I'm a firm believer that what your thinking is not even an option. There is always a reason to keep moving forward

Please don't follow through with those thoughts you are having

Last edited:

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

One of the major polluters that could change things (the USA) going backwards to the 19th century, promting coal-based industry like in the early 19th century, I just can't believe it.

And what can the rest of the world do?...

I won't shoot myself: I live in a country where there is no "gun culture", we are not bandits.

I won't hang myself either.

Maybe drown myself in a barrel of IPA, why not ? :p

What's the best, the most elegant way to leave this world?

I exclude LSD and the like, it was OK when I was in my twenties, but when I die I want to be conscious and tell god, fuck off you clown, if this is the world you created, you're fired.
Alain, I don't know you, but I join Tyro in imploring you to please stay with us. You are doing your part to bring beauty into this world and it would be a poorer place without you!

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@AlainK I don't mean to be overly aggressive about this.

There are very few things in this world that I don't think someone can change my mind on. I like to think of myself as very open minded and willing to view things from another point of view. (Devils advocate comes up a lot) but I have a very strong opinion about this and I don't want that strong feeling to put you off from talking about this.

If you are having any thoughts or feelings about this please please seek out someone to talk to. My first message had a hotline number you should call.

Please feel free to message me about anything also

Last edited:

Coach

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I can only say that there will be better days...that your relationships past, present and future are what have and will make life meaningful. Please reach out to someone and live to be "tree like"...strong and capable of withering the storm...deeply rooted and intimately styled by the elements of a harsh climate.
62 years is amazing, you are a survivor...let these trying conditions help you grow new limbs, bare fruit and flourish in the wind and warmth to come...then you will continue on as the graceful presence you were destined to be, knowing you rise strong...and all those who meet you will be inspired to be and do so as well. Bless you AlainK, stand firm...you are not alone

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
I exclude LSD
I don't know. It worked for Aldous Huxley: On his deathbed, unable to speak due to advanced laryngeal cancer, Huxley made a written request to his wife Laura for "LSD, 100 µg, intramuscular". According to her account of his death[53] in This Timeless Moment, she obliged with an injection at 11:20 a.m. and a second dose an hour later; Huxley died aged 69, at 5:20 p.m.
Otherwise...this is too serious for forum chat IMHO. I've had the same thoughts. for a long time. My doctor said, " oh that's just your mind" he was right! I think about everything!

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Alain, some days ago in another thread you admitted yourself being provocateur, remember?
I remember also provoking posts on old IBC and members asking you : "Have you been drinking, Alain?" :D
I don't know the reason why but I don't believe you are serious. You are provoking instead :D
And what can the rest of the world do?... ...
If the world is going to pieces and you are so very concerned and you are only 62, then you have to stand up and do something to stop this!
You are the one to decide what you can do.

However, my belief is that this world is surely going to pieces BUT not due to pollution or whatever of the kind (talking to myself...)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
My youngest son's just sent me a message saying that Christy Moore will be in Belfast at the beginning of October, but he didn't know if he could attend.

Here's one of the reason I try to stick to that world. The photo I received yesterday:

Photo1677.jpg

That's what I used to think when I was his age. Got close to the edge though, but I'm still here.

I just can't leave now, I'm a coward: I love my family, my friends, my neighbours... But it's heavy sometimes;

Attachments

• Photo1677.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Top Bottom