Acer palmatum "Ishigami"

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wow this was a heavy read. Glad you're still here Alain. Between the start of this thread and now you guys even won the World Cup :D

Your tree is looking better with every update.

I'm spending my summer holiday in France this year, just saying :D

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
How come?
As I wrote before : because of the weight of the lava rock. We don't have tornadoes here, an occasional storm, but I watch the weather forecast and when it becomes critically windy, I put those of my trees that might topple over in a safe place. It's much more difficult for cascade trees, I have to tilt, and secure the pot so the lower branch doesn't hit the ground :D

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
As I wrote before : because of the weight of the lava rock. We don't have tornadoes here, an occasional storm, but I watch the weather forecast and when it becomes critically windy, I put those of my trees that might topple over in a safe place. It's much more difficult for cascade trees, I have to tilt, and secure the pot so the lower branch doesn't hit the ground :D
We do have tornadoes here, but it's the squirrel's I'm worried about. If I'm lazy or in a hurry and don't wire a tree down, they KNOW and dig them right up. :mad:

Gr8tfuldad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I don't know. I've been thinking of suicide recently, but I'm still hesitating.

I mean, I'm 62 and this world is going to pieces.

One of the major polluters that could change things (the USA) going backwards to the 19th century, promting coal-based industry like in the early 19th century, I just can't believe it.

And what can the rest of the world do?...

I won't shoot myself: I live in a country where there is no "gun culture", we are not bandits.

I won't hang myself either.

Maybe drown myself in a barrel of IPA, why not ? :p

What's the best, the most elegant way to leave this world?

I exclude LSD and the like, it was OK when I was in my twenties, but when I die I want to be conscious and tell god, fuck off you clown, if this is the world you created, you're fired.
Just smoke some DMT and find God in your mirror. If that does not tickle your fancy, make friends with those demons in the shadows. Have a cup of tea with them and welcome them into your life. Without them we surely would not know the light. Warmest wishes on your path and know this too shall pass 😎

Last edited:
Top Bottom