Acer Palmatum rootstock

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I have been looking to purchase some rootstock and can’t seem to find any in my area, however I saw a place online that has some. Anyone ever bought from maplestoneornamental.com? I have a lady I deal with sometimes buying maples but she won’t have anything until next year, she will charge me $2 a piece and this website has them 4 for $12. Anyone know of anyone else they deal with?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
So I have been looking to purchase some rootstock and can’t seem to find any in my area, however I saw a place online that has some. Anyone ever bought from maplestoneornamental.com? I have a lady I deal with sometimes buying maples but she won’t have anything until next year, she will charge me $2 a piece and this website has them 4 for $12. Anyone know of anyone else they deal with?
Why aren’t you starting your own root stock from seed?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Try a little Google/Bing search for 'acer palmatum rootstock for sale'. You'll find lots of sellers - they ship.

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Dav4 i have some, looking for larger sizes for grafting purposes. Trying to start a small nursery and was looking for reliable resources.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Did you check with Mr. Maple down in Flat Rock, they do a lot of grafting and may not have the extra stock to sell but it is worth a try.

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have been there and bought some things before, but I didn’t even think of them. Thanks I will try tomorrow.

Top Bottom