adenium obesum looks sunburned

Datguy

Sapling
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I could use some help. Here is my adenium obesum has a beautiful shape so far and I am just curious if the caudex has been sunburnt. If so how can I fix or heal this?? Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20190819_1641435.jpg
    IMG_20190819_1641435.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 69

Datguy

Sapling
Reaction score
So what do you think of the color near the base of the caudex? It was raised and only given 2 days in shade before it was put in morning sun for around 2 months now will that yellow brown color change over soon or?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I only have the one, so by no means am I an expert. But it looks healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. Please add your location to your profile, so people will know your climate, in order to provide better advice. Get some more trees, so you won't fuss too much over the one!🙂

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I only have the one, so by no means am I an expert. But it looks healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. Please add your location to your profile, so people will know your climate, in order to provide better advice. Get some more trees, so you won't fuss too much over the one!🙂
it looks fine to me too. I've got one in full sun for months also and it's doing great. Had one round of flowers and it's resting now 😄

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
FWIW, I grow these in the Coachella Valley, outside of Palm Springs, as landscape plants. They are planted in an area between my property boundary and the street in a south facing area. They are planted nearest to the black asphalt street and bake in the sun all day long. They routinely experience temperatures of 110F along will the full force of the sunshine and super low humidity. Mine drop all of their leaves in winter and only seem to re-leaf and begin to bloom when the temperatures are around 85-90F. Just saying, they love the heat and sunshine.

Datguy

Sapling
Reaction score
Okay so maybe I'm over thinking it, it's just I lifted the caudex just little bit during its repot so I wasn't to sure how long it would take for the color to change to the same as the rest. Thanks a lot for the help tho guys!!

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
How's yours doing? Any new pics? Here's mine today.

Attachments

• 20200702_170821.jpg
    20200702_170821.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200703_074730.jpg
    20200703_074730.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 21

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I could use some help. Here is my adenium obesum has a beautiful shape so far and I am just curious if the caudex has been sunburnt. If so how can I fix or heal this?? Any ideas?
How's it doing this year?

Top Bottom