Ads on Mobile Phones

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Is there any way to tone down the number of ads that we see on a mobile phone?
It literally puts and ad between every 2 posts in a thread and its very obnoxious.
It is to the point where I will not read the forums with my phone because there are SOOO MANY ads all the time.

I understand these ads give you a little bit of revenue to help pay for the side but its so bad that Ive tried to install a blocker on the phone but havent found one that works yet. So instead I just wont read the forums on my phone ever again. Id like to be able to but I just cant stand the ads every other post in every thread as well as at the top of the page....its just too much.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hmm, what are you using to view the forum on?
Is it a browser like chrome or safari, or do you use something else?

I haven't experienced anything similar lately, so I'm thinking it might be related to something on your end and I'd like to help figure out what it is and how you can get rid of it.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I’ve heard this, too...

But never experience it... I have a banner ad at the top, maybe the bottom, also.

I see no other ads.

Can you view “desktop version” on your phone?

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
i do get them, they slow down the browsing experience. its much smoother/quicker if i zoom out right away when i open the bnut page. if i just click bnut on my mobile chrome browser without doing the zoom out its very buggy and slow, due to the ads.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Is there any way to tone down the number of ads that we see on a mobile phone?
It literally puts and ad between every 2 posts in a thread and its very obnoxious.
It is to the point where I will not read the forums with my phone because there are SOOO MANY ads all the time.

I understand these ads give you a little bit of revenue to help pay for the side but its so bad that Ive tried to install a blocker on the phone but havent found one that works yet. So instead I just wont read the forums on my phone ever again. Id like to be able to but I just cant stand the ads every other post in every thread as well as at the top of the page....its just too much.
How do you expect Bonsai Nut to make the payments on his Lambo?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought you were going to talk about how stupid they are lately...
I been getting ads for, what I think was an Indian cooking device that looks like a spaceship...

They don't even make sense!

Have you seen the Birds Hanger thing with the mirrored arm that looks like a really close elbow joint? WTF! Creepy!

Somebody talk about cool shit!

You know what else I hate?

"Bespoke Post JUST sends you a box"... JUST!

No....you frigging pay for it!
A box of stupid shit ... Every month?

I've said before anyone is welcome to my place, but if you have this idiotic subscription, I'll first need to see a cancellation form, and your payment to Mirai, because it IS definitely worth the $ @BillsBayou , especially when compared to one of the most wasteful things on earth!

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I finally found an ad blocker for my phone that works but it just leaves a big blank space where the ad was.
So it still takes twice as much scrolling to get down a thread....so dumb

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
And you are logged in? If not you get this ads, I always view this site with an android phone

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
And you are logged in? If not you get this ads, I always view this site with an android phone

didnt know they stopped if you logged in, Ill try that but as I recall I was getting them either way.
I stopped logging in on my phone and stopped looking at the forum with the phone over a year ago because the ads were driving me crazy.
Id like to be able to read it on my phone. Ill try logging in again and see if it stops the ads
Thanks

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I finally found an ad blocker for my phone that works but it just leaves a big blank space where the ad was.
So it still takes twice as much scrolling to get down a thread....so dumb

I know they can be annoying... but please don't block the ads. They pay for the site. I have stopped having to have annual "voluntary fund drives" because the site is more or less paying for itself as long as people keep the ads.

As a registered user, you should only see two ads - one at the top of the page, and one at the very bottom. If you are NOT logged in, you see an ad with every post.

I don't control WHAT ads you see... but I can constrain the box within which you see them. So if you block the ads, you will still see the empty box.

Top Bottom