Adventure into the avant-garde

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Some of you know me for new designs in pottery. This is my latest submission for your enjoyment. Titled “Broken pot - Wrinkled tape “!!

I’m now taking commissions for similar pots! Please post your trees for consideration.
If you need to ask how much $$you can’t afford it. 8AE26FDA-7A43-405A-8A81-B89284E4D698.jpeg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Some of you know me for new designs in pottery. This is my latest submission for your enjoyment. Titled “Broken pot - Wrinkled tape “!!

I’m now taking commissions for similar pots! Please post your trees for consideration.
If you need to ask how much $$you can’t afford it. View attachment 356683
One of your nicest creations thus far!!!!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That pot fits that tree perfectly! Did you make that pot specific for that tree?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
OK, keep the pot. Send me the tree.
Nice one.

Any tips for a first-year owner of Wisteria?
Let it grow and then cut it back and then do it again.😅 This was a yard tree that got whacked from the two polar vortex 2014-2015. I dug it out and the only thing that sprouted was a cluster of 5 buds at base of the stump. That was in 2016 and those a the 5 buds. Seriously, it get cutback three times. Once mid-June, once mid-august and once late winter. International Bonsai magazine has this month issue about wisteria. Good stuff.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

If you need to ask how much $$you can’t afford it. View attachment 356683
I had a convertible VW back about 1972. Apparently it had a bonsai pot of this style for the roof.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Well it seems I have an affection for duct tape. Still trying to figure this one out. My current theory that it was too thin to tolerate the aggressive root growth. I noticed late summer, so freezing had nothing to do with it. Fired to ^8

85FB59E1-3844-4F1D-B372-B3D2E36F1B64.jpegB4137FDF-F2E6-463C-9A5F-70EEB184F892.jpeg

Top Bottom