Advice for my Brazilian Raintree

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I also have had great success with reasonable prices ordering Tropicals from “We are the bonsai supply”

Also Wigert’s

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I also have had great success with reasonable prices ordering Tropicals from “We are the bonsai supply”

Also Wigert’s

It looks like Meehan's might be better because the trees are cheaper and the shipping is as well compared to Wigets. The only problem is, you have to order multiple trees

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It looks like Meehan's might be better because the trees are cheaper and the shipping is as well compared to Wigets. The only problem is, you have to order multiple trees
Hehe! Yes, indeed. That’s HOW I got the texas ebony... as an add-on to a ficus order.. I just happened to fall in love.

🤓

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hehe! Yes, indeed. That’s HOW I got the texas ebony... as an add-on to a ficus order.. I just happened to fall in love.

🤓
I like funding my local nursery as much as possible so I try not to buy trees unless they have it. So I'll get the Ebony from the nursery. However... 1619711927083.png

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Also.. remember that Texas Ebonies “trunk up” notoriously slowly... mine will be “lil” for a good long while. ;)

So if I was “shopping” FOR one... I’d get one with some girth.

JuniperSol

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
BRT is getting worse, unfortunately. New growth is falling off, still has aphids despite spraying it with neem oil, etc. I'm worried

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Might have to go “nuclear”... if spraying and direct removal isn’t working..

I would..

Some wouldn’t..

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
BRT is getting worse, unfortunately. New growth is falling off, still has aphids despite spraying it with neem oil, etc. I'm worried

Looks like scale over aphids, them little yellow disks.

What Neem and Percentage?

I actually just used it on my scaleys and I was surprised how well it worked.

Sorce

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Order some seed pods on eBay. Let me know when you get ready to crack them open :) Better yet, take a video :)
I think they offer seeds out of the pod… if not, I’ll be faced with getting into ‘em once they arrive 5/12-13 or so. If it’s pods, I guess I’ll start a thread then…

Best wishes for the health of your Brazilian Raintree, meanwhile, @JuniperSol

—Amy

Top Bottom