Aerial roots experiment

Steez

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Every year I get some aerials that take and some that wither. This year I'm changing up and producing an atmosphere conducive to making AND keeping them. This is my 36X36X30 humidity chamber.
I let it air out every day at 5pm and re-cover. In 10 minutes humidity goes up 10 points until it levels between 84 and 92%....I'll keep you all updated. This is just day 2.

Attachments

• TENT.jpg
    TENT.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 41

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Every year I get some aerials that take and some that wither. This year I'm changing up and producing an atmosphere conducive to making AND keeping them. This is my 36X36X30 humidity chamber.
I let it air out every day at 5pm and re-cover. In 10 minutes humidity goes up 10 points until it levels between 84 and 92%....I'll keep you all updated. This is just day 2.
Do you have a thermometer in there?

Steez

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Do you have a thermometer in there?
Most of the time. It's out of direct sun and I've read that even that doesn't effect leaf burn. I'm skeptical. Of course the inside temp is usually a bit higher (5 degrees) than ambient.

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Out of direct sunlight makes sense. I have a small greenhouse that I keep some trees in and is amazing how fast the temperature can shoot up in there.

Top Bottom