African Honeysuckle

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought this as a one gallon Home depot plant about six years ago. It started growing very fast at at one point it was a (poor) cascade. Its growing has slowed down and I was planning on getting rid of it (local charity auction). The branching is a mess.But recently it has gotten a lot of positive response from non-bonsai people. What do you think?

Attachments

• Honeysuckle.jpg
    Honeysuckle.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 53

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Seems like you've lost interest in it. If the charity is worth while (in your opinion) maybe some beginner like myself will win it and give it some TLC or learn from it? I wish I had something with a nebari like yours to work with. Just my opinion though.

Cypress

Shohin
Reaction score
It looks like the foliage is large compound leaves. I can imagine that being a pain in the ass to work with and a challenge to developing branch structure too. If it's just a headache for you I say get rid of it and work on something that's more rewarding. Give to someone who might enjoy it.

Last edited:

Cypress

Shohin
Reaction score
It looks like the foliage is large compound leaves. I can imagine that being a pain in the ass to work with and a challenge to developing branch structure too. If it's just a headache for you I say get rid of it and work on something that's more rewarding. Give to someone who might enjoy it.

Yea, I mean as far as working with a plant that has compound leaves, it looks like you've done a pretty decent job with it. I suppose what I was saying is, if it's not a plant that you enjoy working with anymore then pass it on. What's he point if it's not fun anymore.

Top Bottom