I really dig that, the feet.

Nice.

Sorce

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Who's stand?

I picked this up at a bonsai show quite a few years ago, it was used when I bought it, almost forgot I had it since it was put away for some time. :)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I picked this up at a bonsai show quite a few years ago, it was used when I bought it, almost forgot I had it since it was put away for some time. :)

Great frigging shape!

You just don't see em like that often.

Sorce

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Here's some pics of a few of my 7yr old JBP with new Yixing pots bought earlier in the year and recently repotted. Of course because of their youth
they are still in development. :cool:

View attachment 280659

View attachment 280663

Design wise, the hexagonal pot is a Chinese design for Cymbidium Orchids. Cymbidiums have arching foliage, almost fountain like. The flower stems either arch, like the foliage or cascade out and down. Particularly the hexagonal pot, I would cascade your main trunk below the rim of the pot. That would harmonize the design of the pot with the tree.

I do understand the perfectly horizontal lines of the trees as being an homage to Krumholz, mountain pines. So I can understand not wanting to change the design of the tree. But that is my suggestion for the hexagonal pot.

Top Bottom