Air Layering Aftercare

Gr8tfuldad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hi All!!!

I hope you guys are enjoying your summer ☀️🕶🌊

So I have a few air layers that are starting to have good root growth and want to have a game plan in place for when the time comes to separate. Normally I would stick in a bigger pot of moss drenched in the shade for a few weeks and then up pot it into promix after two or three weeks.
Several of these air layers I would like to get into 1/4” bonsai soil at some point, what does that look like for you? Are you removing as much moss without damaging roots right after separating etc? What is your successful strategies? Thanks and Blessings!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is a lot of work that can be done to remove all question of survival upon removal.

It's not called a season saver trivially.

Having absolutely no doubt in survival is my argument for why the work Should be done.

You should be able to find a way to mimick a stress free removal from the current state as closely as possible to a well prepared state with that information.

Pics!

Sorce

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Make sure you have enough roots before you sever. After you sever you can remove the sphagnum if you choose to. Pot up into your desired substrate.

Top Bottom