Air Layering DR

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sorry, I have no experience layering DR. They are quick growing, so I would assume it would go well, but I don't know anything. I would put it on after initial leaf-out in spring when the juices are flowing full tilt boogie.

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry, I have no experience layering DR. They are quick growing, so I would assume it would go well, but I don't know anything. I would put it on after initial leaf-out in spring when the juices are flowing full tilt boogie.

That's what I thought since they are deciduous, but it seems like every thread I found on air layering them has no updates.

I am guessing that they also dont need a branch below the layer like with junipers and other conifers.

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi,
I have successfully air layered this. Wrist size branch off my tree. Took six months or so to set roots etc then another year in pot to get happily underway. I did this with the double pot and bonsai soil etc.
Go for it next Spring 👍,
Charles

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
was planning to knock two off of mine this year. NOT wrist size so I'm hoping it'll go quicker than 6 months. They grow so incredibly fast that'll you'll make up any girth with ground growing in a season or two. They tree I'm layering was grown from seed 5 years ago, the trunk is bigger than my thigh currently. The tree would be as tall as the telephone poles in my neighbor hood if I stopped cutting the top couple feet off twice a year.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have been wondering this exact same thing

Top Bottom