Air temperature vs sun exposed temperature

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After I deployed my 50% shade cloth I've been controlling temperature (and humidity) with three sensors in different parts of my garden.
So for instance, yesterday in the noon, air temperature was about 22º C (71ºF) , but in my full sun exposed areas it was 41ºC (106F), and under the mesh 26ºC (79F).
Also, watering once a day under the shade and 3 times a day full sun.
I didn't expect such a difference and wasn´t aware of it.

I'm very happy I've deployed my mesh. No damages under scorching sun here...

My shadded area...:

IMG_20220501_133705 (1).jpg

Last edited:

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow.Canary Islands,Spain.Sounds warm.
Nice job!

I get about 7 hours direct sun in my garden and is quite needed for what I grow.The pines could actually be fine with more,so what I do is add a 5:2 ratio fulvic avid : kelp powders into water and foliar spray….(1/8 tsp: 1/16 tsp).
This is said to increase photosynthesis so much it is like giving plants a couple extra hours of sunshine.
You might consider this if you would like the best of both worlds or not compromising the essential photosynthesis the plants need.
******* NO MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK AND USE A MORE PURE WATER THAT IS CLEAN LIKE RO WATER OR DISTILLED( no dirty water either).******
the fulvic acid does a fine job of carrying the growth elements of seaweed into leaves…….on the flip side it would also hasten unwanted minerals or other bad things too,so always use a fresh somewhat pure water……

good stuff………oh also a tiny bit of yucca powder will spread the water better onto waxy type leaves.
6F749C48-F340-4D2F-9168-8318EFFB66BD.jpeg51B510C8-5126-4C6E-B18B-50E2B3773052.jpeg

Last edited:

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Fidur
I will say it will do an amazong job of promoting early backbudding on most plants too………I cannot really see this as being harmful in any way for bonsai……..it will initiate an interuption in the auxin signal as if a branch was broken and will force backbudding……cytokinins from kelp do this…… very effectively on budding species.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After I deployed my 50% shade cloth I've been controlling temperature (and humidity) with three sensors in different parts of my garden.
So for instance, yesterday in the noon, air temperature was about 22º C (71ºF) , but in my full sun exposed areas it was 41ºC (106F), and under the mesh 26ºC (79F).
Also, watering once a day under the shade and 3 times a day full sun.
I didn't expect such a difference and wasn´t aware of it.

I'm very happy I've deployed my mesh. No damages under scorching sun here...

My shadded area...:

View attachment 436819
Nice tidy little bonsai garden you have there. Several of the trees I see warrant a close up.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Wow.Canary Islands,Spain.Sounds warm.
Nice job!

I get about 7 hours direct sun in my garden and is quite needed for what I grow.The pines could actually be fine with more,so what I do is add a 5:2 ratio fulvic avid : kelp powders into water and foliar spray….(1/8 tsp: 1/16 tsp).
This is said to increase photosynthesis so much it is like giving plants a couple extra hours of sunshine.
You might consider this if you would like the best of both worlds or not compromising the essential photosynthesis the plants need.
******* NO MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK AND USE A MORE PURE WATER THAT IS CLEAN LIKE RO WATER OR DISTILLED( no dirty water either).******
the fulvic acid does a fine job of carrying the growth elements of seaweed into leaves…….on the flip side it would also hasten unwanted minerals or other bad things too,so always use a fresh somewhat pure water……

good stuff………oh also a tiny bit of yucca powder will spread the water better onto waxy type leaves.
View attachment 436820View attachment 436821
Which is the Fulvic acid here? The Full Up Raw?

SgtPilko

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not sure how the concentrations may differ, but fulvic acid (along with all sorts of horticultural minerals, chems, microbes, fish, kelp etc) are available at hydroponics suppliers :cool: 🌲🪴

Top Bottom