Akadama, Pumice with Humic & Fulvic acids

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have not tried it. If I could find some that was not extremely fine I would. It's CEC is very high.
High CEC is why I'd like to try it. I found some on ebay at 3 mm which is larger than DE. I think I'll try some this Spring.

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That stuff reads as similar to hydroponic growstones. I’ve not used either for bonsai, but they’re said to work well in, uh, specialized indoor growing operations.
I have and they work very well. I found the only drawback to be their light weight.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
BTW: This is what I use. Dirt cheap, (no pun intended) 10ml / gal water is plenty.

Humic%20acid%20(9).JPG

devolved primate

Seedling
Reaction score
Hmmm... It's good to see you didn't take offense to my lighthearted comment (often times followed by a winking emoji). You see, It gets boring sometimes just sitting here in Florida waiting to die so I pass the time by trolling this forum looking for people to insult (another lighthearted comment followed by ;)). But seriously, I meant no offense so I apologize for my insensitive remarks.

Look, I'm sure you're way more educated than I when it comes to the subject matter that started this thread. It's just that I've been involved with so many soil controversies and no one has yet come up with a mix that everyone agrees on. These soil threads are a kind of inside joke on this forum but if those who start them would just take the time to search old threads their questions would probably be answered. It's kind of like always having to ask new members to update their location and plant hardiness zone. With that, I will refrain from commenting anymore on this thread unless I have something helpful to add.

I apologize for my needlessly argumentative response as I felt your initial comment was sarcastically dismissive of the information given that was relevant to the conversation. I did not consider that your comment was made in jest and again I am sorry if I offended you without reason by my response.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I apologize for my needlessly argumentative response as I felt your initial comment was sarcastically dismissive of the information given that was relevant to the conversation. I did not consider that your comment was made in jest and again I am sorry if I offended you without reason by my response.
No need to apologize. It was me who failed to consider I was commenting on a post made by a newer member that doesn't really know me or my antics. I'm really not a bad guy (or at least that's what I heard). Also, just to acquaint ourselves, I did not come to Florida willingly. I live in the Panhandle which is often times referred to as LA (Lower Alabama). I was stationed at a local U.S. Air Force base and retired in 1995. Both my kids were still in school at the time so we decided to stay and I took up a new career. Good to meet you.

devolved primate

Seedling
Reaction score
No need to apologize. It was me who failed to consider I was commenting on a post made by a newer member that doesn't really know me or my antics. I'm really not a bad guy (or at least that's what I heard). Also, just to acquaint ourselves, I did not come to Florida willingly. I live in the Panhandle which is often times referred to as LA (Lower Alabama). I was stationed at a local U.S. Air Force base and retired in 1995. Both my kids were still in school at the time so we decided to stay and I took up a new career. Good to meet you.

Thank you for your comment and it is nice to make your acquaintance. Also, thank you for your service to our country, my father in law was in the navy as a pilot til he retired too and I have much respect for our service members. I do apologize again for taking your post out of context. Based on your comments about other posts you certainly have a wealth of knowledge that you are willing to share along with an eclectic sense of humor and I am pleased to make your acquaintance as someone new to the art of bonsai and this site.....even if you do live in lower Alabama lol

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right but my expertise is more like 20 plus years of commercial hydroponic production. but thats ok, ignore me and denigrate any comment i make since im not a "masterpiece" of bonsai such as yourself and could not have any knowledge relevant to the conversation. I'm sure all your witty comments in this thread have been extremely helpful to anyone reading them much more so than my explanation on humic acid and endo-myco fungi. Have a great day down there in God's waiting room otherwise known as florida. Thankful every day that I moved away after 35 years to raise my family, definitely too many people concerned with moving down there and getting older to be better at pissing people off.
Jesus man... get a grip! Learn how to roll with a joke... You must have something serious going wrong in your head to think this was a reasonable response to a light hearted comment like Vin's.

devolved primate

Seedling
Reaction score
Jesus man... get a grip! Learn how to roll with a joke... You must have something serious going wrong in your head to think this was a reasonable response to a light hearted comment like Vin's.
Jesus man.... learn to read all the posts and you will see that your interjection was less than necessary or helpful. After vin explained his comment was in jest and not intentionally sarcastic or dismissive i had apologized for taking it out of context but you apparently missed that portion of the conversation in your rush to try and insult my mental health. Have a nice day

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@devolved primate ,

please don't get upset. My first memories here actually writing [ been reading for a
few years before posting ] were spent arguing with Al [ smoke ] over a trident maple
that was grown down here.

The list is unmoderated and that has it's pro's and cons.

Could you put your location into your avatar [ bottom section ]- please.
Good Day
Anthony

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I don't know anything about PH and various soil components but can't you get humic acid and micronutrients from a high quality seaweed extract? Mine lists humic acid, micros and various kinds of mychorrizae.

Thanks guys,

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
compost, said the mysterious voice ----------------- micro nutrients and humic acid and mychorrizae -------
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:D:eek::rolleyes:

Dana

Seedling
Reaction score
Just started using this. Will see how it goes. Tried it on just two of my ‘would-be’ bonsai.... a maple and a juniper.

Attachments

• ACBF043F-52DC-403B-B28B-7AE209604AA3.jpeg
    ACBF043F-52DC-403B-B28B-7AE209604AA3.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom