Alabama Bonsai Society Spring Show: 5/16-17

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Greetings,
The Alabama Bonsai Society's annual spring show will be held at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens' Auditorium on Saturday, May 16 from 11-5 and Sunday, May 17 from 1-4. If you're in the area, please stop by to see some beautiful trees! The Satsukis are in full bloom during the show. We'll have vendor tables, club trees for sale, and several demonstrations. Hope to see you there!

http://www.alabamabonsaisociety.org/

Attachments

• Bonsai Flier 2009.jpg
    Bonsai Flier 2009.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6

martbost

Seed
Reaction score
We will be streaming the show live online

We will be streaming our annual Bonsai Exhibit for 2009 online for the first time. The event will be broadcast at the following times for those interested.

Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 11:00am - 5:00pm CST
Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm CST

Click Here for the Live Feed

TimD

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hey that is a great idea.
I'll be sure to check it out thanks.

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am headed that way in the morning...look forward to seeing you.
Michael

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
I like the concept of the live feed and I wil drop in at some point to see what is being offered on the feed. Not sure if the live feed will be live, or will be a loop or whatever else but I really like the idea and would like to say thanks for posting a link and sharing the idea.

Best of luck at the show.

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The show was Great today. Many super trees and so much knowledge in one room.

Thanks,
Michael

martbost

Seed
Reaction score
Some issues with Live Streaming, but eventually got it working

I had some issues with the live feed due to the wireless connection at the Botanical Gardens not proxying my connection properly, but I eventually got it working.

I will be placing an archived version of the live feed on our website tonight after I have time to slice it up and convert it.

Thanks for the response.

martbost

Seed
Reaction score
The archived Broadcast and Photo Gallery is available now

I have placed a video at http://www.alabamabonsaisociety.org/events/live/show2009

The video quality is the not the best in the world, but as our first pass, we wanted to show others what our exhibit is like. I have also placed a slideshow of pictures taken of the individual trees and sales booths for others to see at the same location.

We are looking for ideas and thoughts for future events like this. Please take a moment to reply with good or bad info on it.

Thanks for all who attended, we had a great turnout.

Top Bottom