Alberta Canada

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Just spent 10 days trekking through the national parks in Alberta CA. Holy molley perfect Christmas trees. There were millions of them.

The scenery was gorgeous.

And the tourists were crazy. Here is a picture of them getting right into the face of papa grizzly with just a flimsy chicken wire mesh in between them and the bear.

Sadly I came home to a few dead trees due to partial watering system failure caused by animal sabotage. Among the casualties are a couple Japanese maples and a few azaleas.

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Sorry about your dead trees but I bet the trip was worth it.
I would love to get up there just for the photos.

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice, I for one would like to see more of those pictures when you get a chance.
As someone who lives near Calgary, it’s sometimes nice to be reminded of the beauty in your own backyard that I tend to take for granted. I’ve made a point of spending more time in the mountains west of here. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Makes me think of Jasper and the Cowboy Trail! Lived in Alberta for over fifty years, but born on the coast and wanted to fish in retirement! First picture is of the bay i like to anchor in at Rivers Inlet, BC. Second is a lake near the cowboy trail great for fly fishing! Third picture is rapids on the river in Jasper.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Cowboy Trail, Sept 13,08 060.jpg
    Cowboy Trail, Sept 13,08 060.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 10
  • _MG_2154.JPG
    _MG_2154.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom