Albino Desert Rose HALP

Ferg91

Sapling
Reaction score
I planted some desert rose seeds for the first time and to keep it alive I read that you could try and graft other leaves on it. I have thus far been unsuccessful, can't figure out a good way to put other leaves from desert rose into the small cut I put on the albino guy. Anyone else have any other info? Currently have 2-3 in the process of dying desert rose leaves to spare, Looks like root rot, currently repotting them in better medium.

Attachments

• tempImageSYpqFh.png
    tempImageSYpqFh.png
    622.5 KB · Views: 62

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These posts got lost quick eh?

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Arnold

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Very difficult for them to survive if they dont have any chlorophyll, a variegated plat have some of it but an albino usually cant make photossynthesis and die unless it can parasitize other plants

Ferg91

Sapling
Reaction score
Very difficult for them to survive if they dont have any chlorophyll, a variegated plat have some of it but an albino usually cant make photossynthesis and die unless it can parasitize other plants
Oo. If I were uproot and tangle another desert rose’s roots with it would they share nutrients?
someone mentions reallly delicately placing a leaf in the incision I make around the base of the plant and securing it with pantyhose hoping that the tree will heal the leaf to itself. Unfortunately this guy was finished growing many weeks ago

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The only real hope is the graft it onto normal root stock but that is very difficult with something so tiny unless you happen to have a older plant around to make things easier.

Ferg91

Sapling
Reaction score
I have 4-5 other strong plants that would give their lives for the mini albino. Teach meeeee.

lolol thanks

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have 4-5 other strong plants that would give their lives for the mini albino. Teach meeeee.

lolol thanks
There are actually a few different ways to tackle the specifically tiny. Thanks to the internet I managed to find a few example pictures so can work out which might be best suited to your situation.

1656619151478.jpeg

1656619181594.jpeg
1656619203408.jpeg

Arnold

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B

Ferg91

Sapling
Reaction score
There are actually a few different ways to tackle the specifically tiny. Thanks to the internet I managed to find a few example pictures so can work out which might be best suited to your situation.

View attachment 444689

View attachment 444690
View attachment 444691
What in the tator tots did you google to find this!?! I’ve googled everything on how to save a dying bonsai and couldn’t find anything close to these 1000 word pictures example

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What in the tator tots did you google to find this!?! I’ve googled everything on how to save a dying bonsai and couldn’t find anything close to these 1000 word pictures example
Google picture search didn’t bring much up so then I tried a bing picture search for “graft desert rose seedlings” and shockingly that awful MS search engine won 😂😂😂.

Ferg91

Sapling
Reaction score
Google picture search didn’t bring much up so then I tried a bing picture search for “graft desert rose seedlings” and shockingly that awful MS search engine won 😂😂😂.
Tried this grafting technique but I probably needed to do this a month ago. Albino bebe was already on its path to destruction

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom