"All These Children Made of Wood" - New short film featuring Lake Merritt Bonsai Collection and Kathy Shaner

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great film - I have heard Kathy's name in several places and its nice to see the person on video. Awesome, awesome trees. Thanks for sharing!

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very nicely done. I haven't been to their place in in quite awhile. Next time I visit, after the fires and CV19 are done, I'm heading out there.
Thanks for sharing!
DSD sends

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Nice job. She is one of my favorite bonsai people and I missed seeing her this year at our show.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great little film. Wished it was longer!

Nice job. She is one of my favorite bonsai people and I missed seeing her this year at our show.

Yeah, she's one of my favorite "bonsai people" too. First met her at a MABS meeting in 2011. After breaking the ice discussing our common background (both from Long Island), she spent a fair amount of time talking to me about bonsai. I was a pure beginner at the time and really appreciated that discussion. Have met her several times at club events and National Shows. I remember in 2016, there were too many trees for the space at the National Show and she was in charge of moving trees around to make everything fit without taking away from the displays (as much as possible). I was one of the assistants moving the trees, it was extremely stressful and very hot (anyone who attended that show will remember), but she worked in a calm and systematic manner. Very logical and professional and we got it done.

I liked the little story about the wired pine branches that the apprentices fought over. Kind of like the bouquet at a wedding.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I've done it. What surprises me is thjat it's in French. Approximatly, but could be :

Besoin d'un sursis de la canicule ou de la pandémie mondiale ? Ensuite, asseyez-vous, relaxez-vous et profitez de notre nouveau film ′′ Tous ces enfants Made of Wood ", un voyage dans l'art du bonsaï au cœur d'Oakland, CA. Kathy Shaner, la première femme au monde à être officiellement ointe d'un ′′ Bonsai Master ′′ par l'association Nippon Bonsai du Japon.
Il suffit de cliquer sur le lien ci-dessous pour regarder. Merci.
🌳

De rien ;)

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Jonas just posted this video. Good stuff. So lucky to have Kathy as our club sensei and curator at Lake Merritt.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It was a good time to watch this video again.

Just a few simple words that summarize an abundance of actions that can yield excellent trees.

I should of taken her advice this year and avoided the internet! 🙃

cheers
DSD sends

Top Bottom