Almost finished!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ok getting down to the wire here. I still have a short list of things to finish up, but the site is mostly working now:
(1) Formatting. I haven't focused too much on this, but I will start to clean up how the site looks, replace all the buttons and minor art with "bonsainut" custom art, change some of the default font settings and table spacings, etc. This is not difficult - just time consuming.
(2) Advertising. Yeah, I know it stinks, but I make a little bit of money on the ads and it offsets some of the costs of running the site (about 50% or so). I'm going to have some ads somewhere - but I will try to keep them discrete like before.
(3) Karaoke Bar. Need to make this section a little less obtrusive :) I have to go into some of the site code and back the Karaoke Bar out of forum searchs that propogate "what's new" and similar searches.
(4) Coming soon. Going to add more stuff to the site that we didn't have before. Trying to decide what to prioritize next.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
No complaints Big Guy, but Thank You for your dedication, we do appreciate it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Bnut... Site is looking great. Love the upgrades!!! Is there any thought in all this work to adding a chat feature?

Thanks for all your work!

V

bonsaitodd

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
bnut, if you need help with a chat feature pm me. We use cometchat with vbulletin, and it is a free plugin for vBulletin.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
bnut, if you need help with a chat feature pm me. We use cometchat with vbulletin, and it is a free plugin for vBulletin.

Thanks Todd! I was looking at Arrowchat, but as you probably know that is a commercial package. Let me check out cometchat - I'm not familiar with it.

Top Bottom