Alpine Fir Scene

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very natural, very awesome! what is the situation with the blight in the east? would it help to ship it and keep it safe? PM me if I can be of any assistance. ;)

-Dave

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought I would mention papercrete to you, its a mixture of portland cement and paper. Commonly used paper is newspaper torn into shreds and soaked in water over night, You take the paper and squeeze out the excess water and mix equal amounts of white portland cement and the paper using a drill with a mixer attached adding a little water until it becomes soupy. This stuff is hard like cement but about 40% lighter and can be tinted with cement tints which come in black and green and red and blue and yellow and brown. Newspaper makes a speckled grey-white, looking much like granite. You can take the mix and place it on a plastic sheet and form it any shape you prefer and then cover it over with plastic to allow it to slow cure. The weight would be far less than any natural rock and very strong, you could leave a lower area in the center to place your trees and even form a ridge around the edges if you choose too. Its much like clay before it sets hard. I know there are several videos on youtube that show it being used to make pots and one guy who makes slabs for building use.

ed

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well..... is it dead yet???:) Hope not, did you ever get it on a slab?

Ed, where in Ohio are you located? I'm near Cols. about 25mi. SE.

Top Bottom