Alternative to cut paste??

Shinjuku

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
For me, cut paste is cheap and easy to get. Amazon sells it, and a little container lasts a long time. So for me, I haven’t seen a need for an alternative. I know that some people use wood glue, even Elmer’s glue, and they claim good results. Here’s some more info:

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/whats-your-cut-paste-recipe.26686/

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
For me, cut paste is cheap and easy to get. Amazon sells it, and a little container lasts a long time. So for me, I haven’t seen a need for an alternative. I know that some people use wood glue, even Elmer’s glue, and they claim good results. Here’s some more info:

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/whats-your-cut-paste-recipe.26686/

Being in South africa i wouldn't have a clue where to get it and i live in a pretty remote location so online shopping isn't really an option

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
You could always copy and paste and if you dont want what you copied just delete it. but I think Cut and paste is easier it eliminates that extra step of deleting the unwanted text.

Oh cut paste not cut and paste...... I forgot this is my Bonsai forums never-mind.

But I do like @Walter Pall suggestions. that is what i would try if I didnt have cut paste.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Milking fat or union/udder-cream as it's locally called, contains triclosan as well, an antibiotic.
But I've had good results with vaseline as well.
Candle wax can be used too, and so can parafilm ( a bit more expensive).

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Though I don't use it for cut-paste on bonsai, I will just say that beeswax also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties.

I only use cut-paste on deciduous trees, and only for big cuts.

Top Bottom