Am I crazy ?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8 b
My next door neighbor has removed almost all of the 22 year old plantings from her yard . I told her if she could wait until spring I would dig this Euonymus Alatus . Being almost 65 years old I am hurting already . At least I don't have to drive anywhere or pack it out . Photos and more to follow in spring . burning bush 1.jpgburning bush 2.jpgburning bush 3.jpgburning bush 4.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Awesome!

These trees respond well ...

Can you clean up that trunk a little, so we can see what's REALLY going on, where it matters...

This will allow a better answer to formulate for your title question.

🤓🤣

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8 b
Awesome!

These trees respond well ...

Can you clean up that trunk a little, so we can see what's REALLY going on, where it matters...

This will allow a better answer to formulate for your title question.

🤓🤣
Oh its going to need some carving etc . When the weather permits I will get another picture .

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
View attachment 473195View attachment 473196 Well I started cutting down this behemoth . Freezing weather in the forecast for next week but I am getting ready . I see a front but wont know until I see the nebari .
I'd certainly plan on using a reciprocating saw to make that dig as easy as possible

Then chain it to the chevy...lol

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, will it be your largest?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't get it. So much work for what, decades of work? To what end?
Having said all of this, I hope you prove me wrong.
BTW, I may be the crazy one, I wouldn't touch it.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’d cut those long branches back even further, just my 2 cents.

Yeah you’re crazy but I’d probably try to dig it too 😁

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8 b
Well the weather looks like it may not freeze again for a while , and it was sunny so this afternoon I dug it out . Wasn't too bad with a Sawzall and good shovels . It took awhile to clean rootball so i was able to lift the beast and I placed it in a grow box . I am completely wiped out lol . Potted In pumice and bark , I feel good that it will survive the rootball is down to about 4 inches . I will let it grow this year .burnig bush out.jpgburning bush potted 3.jpgburning bush potted final.jpg

R0b

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I still have lot to learn about seeing potential in trees. I had my doubts with the mess of branches but that cleaned up nicely so you are not crazy.

Top Bottom