Am looking for a copy of Principles of Bonsai...I know it's a long shot

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That is the old book Dave wrote first which he based the latest Principles of Bonsai about. @bwaynef and I were discussing how to get the first book earlier, hence the link.

However, I did contact Dave in August 2021. He said, "I am currently working on a reprinting of the book, which is being planned as a complete but soft cover version. It will probably be several months before that can be brought to market."

I haven't seen Dave in awhile. If I do, I'll ask him how things are going. Given the covid situation I may not see him for quite awhile.

You could call up Wayne Schoech at Stone Lantern Bonsai. I'll bet he's got a better idea about what's up then I do.

Good Luck
Cheers
DSD sends
He'll be leading a workshop next month (or the month after?) at our club (if you're in the PSBA).

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks for reminding me, I looked it up…

Monday, March 27th, 2022 at 7:00 PM Dave DeGroot
Hopefully Dave will have his book out by then, if so he likely will bring a box of them with.

cheers
DSD sends

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I emailed ABS yesterday asking if they will be doing a reprint, and thy replied back that they will not reprinting his book.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I emailed ABS yesterday asking if they will be doing a reprint, and thy replied back that they will not reprinting his book.
Could someone else be reprinting it? Am not sure who holds the copyright after the first printing. Could the author make other arrangements without including the ABS? Thanks Pitoon.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Could someone else be reprinting it? Am not sure who holds the copyright after the first printing. Could the author make other arrangements without including the ABS? Thanks Pitoon.
@Deep Sea Diver mentioned that David is going to reprint but it will be a soft cover........Post #18

ibakey

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just mid last year, I was also looking for this book and most places were sold out so i contacted david directly on facebook and asked him very kindly if he has a copy left, would he be willing to sell me one.
However, in the midst of waiting for his reply, i managed to find one online.

He did reply in the end and was happy to sell me one but was just worried about the shipping costs from the states to europe.
I thanked him kindly and told him i managed to get hold of a copy.

Top Bottom