Amatuer/Pro-Cumbens

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sight unseen nursery stock buy, from a less-informed time.

Besides repotting and light selection,had had nothing “directional” done tp it...

So As I took it’s first steps in any design direction... I felt like it deserved a thread for documentation.

Before.. like a cascade bush32FF2210-3B92-4C5C-9490-E6EAE8FA766B.jpeg
After9458FA85-9FE5-479C-AEFB-46740DA54C64.jpeg9932CF81-3EFA-49B5-8E82-61AE775F76B3.jpegBA4E4C45-FD74-4529-8BC1-A1A45EB3F1FA.jpeg
The visual tension created by those abrupt angles in the first and second branch are FANTASTIC in person....

Breaking the rules.. while pleasing the ojos.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Indeed😜. Scales love Junipers🤣. However change to this tree almost guaranteed to drive off self respecting bugs!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I had, apparently, some visitors, or at least visiTOR to my thunderdome plant area.

A bit of vandalism..

This tree was affected by said vandalism.. I wasn't PLANNING on repotting... but plant and container were hurled against the wall.. so hastily repotted... but not expecting too much.

At least the kids and Andrea were NOT here when it happened.

I'm going to have to start getting more aggressive with my security measures.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I had, apparently, some visitors, or atleast visiTOR to my thunderdome plant area.

A bit of vandalism..

This tree was affected by said vandalism.. I wasn't PLANNING on repotting... but plant and container were hurled against the wall.. so hastily repotted... but not expecting too much.

At least the kids and Andrea were NOT here when it happened.

I'm going to have to start getting more aggressive with my security measures.
Why would someone even do that? I always thought Wisconsin was just a peaceful place full of people that liked cheese curds and talked funny. You make it sound dangerous. :(

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Why would someone even do that? I always thought Wisconsin was just a peaceful place full of people that liked cheese curds and talked funny. You make it sound dangerous. :(
Well.. In ANY given major city.. the Binge-Drinking rate in people 18-50 years-old (Or SOMETHING like that) Is at LEAST 1/3.. Going higher in varying degrees in certain places..

So If you live around a lot of bars, you are in "hick-hooligan radius" 😂

The actual TOWN i live in is reasonably safe.. and DOOR county has a fairly low crime rate.. but I'm also real close to Green Bay.. and Green Bay has gotten fairly "sketchy". Milwaukee is pretty crazy on the North Side. Madison is fairly "balanced".. you can stay out of harm's way. Beloit is... pretty bad.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So If you live around a lot of bars, you are in "hick-hooligan radius" 😂
We have but 1 bar in our Village (not even considered a town). Harmless bachelor farmers and pool players. But we do like to go to St.Louis. The crime there has become very concerning, people are getting shot just driving down the interstate.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Wisconsin is a beautiful place.. and most areas are great!! I'm proud to live here.

The sad part is the most redeeming AS WELL AS most condemning 'parts' of most areas here.. are the people IN them.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You'd be surprised the shenanigans that emotionally compromised, adolescent minded people will commit.

At the old house in town we lost more than one chicken from our small backyard flock to teenage tomfoolery. Sometimes the mess left could be disturbing.
I've noticed a positive correlation between housing values and crime rates. The harder it is to keep decent housing, the more people become hopeless and engage in antisocial behaviors.

Top Bottom