Amazon.es

MiguelMC

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hey everyone.
Has anyone ever bought from amazon I was thinking about buying some wire and maybe a cheap rotating table from there (Akama and pots maybe). Where I live bonsai equipment can be quite expensive and also quite hard to come by and being a poor person myself I was wandering how safe would be aquiring stuff from amazon. Do you guys have any thoughts on that?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Not with amazon, but amazon only offers books here.
Ebay is my go-to place. Materials always get delivered, sometimes it takes 6 weeks.. But thats what you get when you order from China.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I order from amazon.es all the time and never have a problem with it, the delivery companies are another thing but amazon is a good go to for most things. If not from amazon.es I'll use the UK one.
You could also compare prices with laosgarden.com, they have a huge pot selection too ranging from cheap to expensive and I can't recommend them enough just don't get carried away looking at all their trees.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Really? Wow....here they literally sell everything.
They also own the Washington Post "newspaper".....and a large grocery store chain.

I just had a look and the nl site is just books. How odd.
Should be able to still order from other countries stores though, I do all the time. I even order beer, vegemite and saucisse de morteau from amazon. It's definitely a go to shop before I look elsewhere, you'd be surprised what you can find on there.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I just had a look and the nl site is just books. How odd.
Should be able to still order from other countries stores though, I do all the time. I even order beer, vegemite and saucisse de morteau from amazon. It's definitely a go to shop before I look elsewhere, you'd be surprised what you can find on there.
Books is the origin story of amazon here too, but now they are taking over.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
And actually, they don't sell quite everything....pretty sure they won't ship firearms or ammo.

Yeah it's a little bizarre now. I have a PRIME membership and if I forego free two-day shipping and use a slower method, they will give me a $5 coupon off Whole Foods groceries :)

I suppose no different than a car company owning a solar panel company (Tesla and Solar City)

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yeah it's a little bizarre now. I have a PRIME membership and if I forego free two-day shipping and use a slower method, they will give me a $5 coupon off Whole Foods groceries :)

I suppose no different than a car company owning a solar panel company (Tesla and Solar City)
I'd say the taxpayers own Tesla...and basically every solar company (many of which have failed).

MiguelMC

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I order from amazon.es all the time and never have a problem with it, the delivery companies are another thing but amazon is a good go to for most things. If not from amazon.es I'll use the UK one.
You could also compare prices with laosgarden.com, they have a huge pot selection too ranging from cheap to expensive and I can't recommend them enough just don't get carried away looking at all their trees.
do they ship to Portugal, they have some really good deals with pots

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Amazon can be hit and miss for delivery as it depends on the actual seller of the product but technically and most of the times they will ship to all of the EU but sometimes at checkout you find they wont deliver, normally you can find another one that is advertised that will.
Laos Garden do ship to all of the EU as well and unless it is a large and complicated order there shouldn't be any complications, Portugal should be fine but they would let you know if it wasn't.

Krone

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Starfox
Just now i am looking at their trees. What is the issue with them? Would really appreciate any info regarding this.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
@Starfox
Just now i am looking at their trees. What is the issue with them? Would really appreciate any info regarding this.

Laosgarden?
No issues at all, I highly recommend them and a while ago they just got a bunch of Japanese imports so their all stocked up. But I am in Spain so I know if I order something today it will be here by tomorrow afternoon or quicker, I don't know how they handle orders with longer transit times but trees are always packed extremely well and pretty sure you can send them an email in English and ask although they may be better at answering on facebook, I don't know it's never come up yet.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey everyone.
Has anyone ever bought from amazon I was thinking about buying some wire and maybe a cheap rotating table from there (Akama and pots maybe). Where I live bonsai equipment can be quite expensive and also quite hard to come by and being a poor person myself I was wandering how safe would be aquiring stuff from amazon. Do you guys have any thoughts on that?

Try Ebay?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wouldn't trust it.

It's like ordering from UPS and letting them decide what shit you get.

You wont get Akadama. Maybe red mulch.

Not convave cutters. Maybe fingernail Clippers with a light you can use while spelunking.

Not drainage screen. Panties.

Not wire. An Automotive wiring harness.

It'll be cheap though.

Sorce

Top Bottom