American Bonsai ClayMax

atlarsenal

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Is anybody familiar with ClayMax from American Bonsai?

I have emailed them in the past inquiring on what some of their self named soils are and they never answered the question. I am assuming it is something compared to Turface. I would rather get DE but it is currently unavailable.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

I have emailed them in the past inquiring on what some of their self named soils are and they never answered the question. I am assuming it is something compared to Turface. I would rather get DE but it is currently unavailable.
Hmm.
Just looking at it, it looks like Haydite, Turface and DE.

Pitoon

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

LOL, maybe they want to keep their 'proprietary mix' secret........

atlarsenal

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Speaking of - I can’t find any information on the contents of the mixed soils. Is this an intentional absence? If so, I’m not sure why .. seems like it would be off putting to many
Exactly! Yeah that’s the way they are and you are on your own if you want to know anything about any of the endless bullshit names of the soils. Astrolite, terralite, nutraagg, arcalite, smarcalite!