American Bonsai T-Shirts

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hello All,

I was looking at my closet, and I realized that I didn't have any good bonsai clothing to wear. So, I decided to design two simple shirts that are available for sale below. I realize that some of you probably are not interested or see the point in having some bonsai clothing, but I wanted something I can wear to club meetings, shows, workshops, and etc. Also just to wear around town in the hope someone might ask about bonsai and I could share with them.

If you are interested in ordering a shirt, see the links below. I have a deciduous design and a coniferous design. If not please just pass this thread along.

http://teespring.com/americanbonsai-1

http://teespring.com/americanbonsai-2

Thanks,
Andrew

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I do feel the need to ask though... Do you think these guys will be Ok with you using their company name on your shirts?
http://www.americanbonsai.com/Bonsai-Gear-s/1514.htm

I don't know how tee Spring works, but most the tree shirt retailers I have used are very particular about that sort of stuff... Won't even print sports tees with a school's name on it!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
They're neat, but don't say "bonsai" IMO. They're just trees with "American Bonsai" underneath them.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm sorry i don't like it, it's not reconizable/iconic, i would go for something like this (if you also like music):
bonsai_white_2010.jpg

Or maybe (classic):
robert_stevens_bonsai_t_shirt_tshirt-rcbae32576d7c4d5196f0a4c9a1bc7564_8041k_324.jpg

Perhaps even (funny):
figtn,220x294,creme,mens,ffffff.u3.jpg

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW, it's not really about YOU being concerned about it. The other guy IS building a brand and had the name first. He may, or may not, be concerned. if he even knows. If I were he and trying to establish my company's trademark over the name, and I ran across this I might be thinking about consulting a lawyer...protecting the use of your name is part of the process of getting and keeping a trademark...

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
FWIW, it's not really about YOU being concerned about it. The other guy IS building a brand and had the name first. He may, or may not, be concerned. if he even knows. If I were he and trying to establish my company's trademark over the name, and I ran across this I might be thinking about consulting a lawyer...protecting the use of your name is part of the process of getting and keeping a trademark...
What, did you reply to someone?

I just give my opinion, if he want's a brand and a trademark and maybe even lawyers, feedback/input from users will help him do that.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
His business is called American Bonsai Tool and Supply Co.

I wanted something simple and minimal. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. Just wanted to share in case anyone was interested.

Thanks,

Andrew

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Sorry Andrew, but there are other bonsai related shirts and merchandise out there that you should get ideas from. Build off of them, in a way.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A

I wanted something simple and minimal. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. Just wanted to share in case anyone was interested.

Thanks,

Andrew

But what about the American Bonsai Nursery or American Bonsai Society?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
But what about the American Bonsai Nursery or American Bonsai Society?

My shirts don't say American Bonsai Society or American Bonsai Nursery. They just say American Bonsai. It's an ideal, just like having "peace" on your shirt.

I'm not mass producing these or branding. I'm simply making a basic shirt to wear, and just wanted to share it with anyone else who might be interested.

Andrew

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
My shirts don't say American Bonsai Society or American Bonsai Nursery. They just say American Bonsai. It's an ideal, just like having "peace" on your shirt.

I'm not mass producing these or branding. I'm simply making a basic shirt to wear, and just wanted to share it with anyone else who might be interested.

Andrew

Then is there any other way you could show what bonsai is? People who don't know bonsai could just look at the shirt and think it's just another word for tree. If you could show a tree in a pot I think you'll sell more.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Then is there any other way you could show what bonsai is? People who don't know bonsai could just look at the shirt and think it's just another word for tree. If you could show a tree in a pot I think you'll sell more.
That's a good point Ryan, thank you for making it! My issue is that I don't every bonsai graphic that I've seen. I preferred a conifer of deciduous tree in nature because that's what I want my trees to look like. I don't want my trees to look like bonsai, I want them to look like trees!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm always looking for good tshirts and would be interested in one...but not with those tree symbols on them. Put something on the shirt that actually looks like a bonsai and I'll consider it. I'm sure many others will feel the same.

It's not so much what you want your trees to look like, it's what people generally associate with the term bonsai. Unless you're only making these for yourself, that is. In which case...carry on!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What, did you reply to someone?

I just give my opinion, if he want's a brand and a trademark and maybe even lawyers, feedback/input from users will help him do that.
I was reply to the Orig post.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Thanks,

Andrew
Dude, just sayin. Don't really care what you're selling, just a word of unsolicited advice.

Top Bottom