American Larch for sale

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I will not be able to ship this tree until mid April if you are interested or I can bring it to the Grand Rapids, MI bonsai show in early May and save the shipping (I may have another 1 or 2 Larch for sale as well). Tree is around 10 inches tall.

It is hard to find Larch with taper, this tree I found in early spring 2015 as a twice hacked back by mower crews tree in a ditch. It has responded well to everything I have done with it. It can be styled this spring and potted into a pot in 2018 (probably could do it sooner but good to be safe). Tree is about 10'' tall with a 1.75'' base and 1'' trunk. First picture is right after the first styling and the second is the opposite side about 1 year later.

Asking $150 plus shipping. PM for details.

Attachments

• larch from ditch.JPG
    larch from ditch.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_7643.JPG
    IMG_7643.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Pretty decent stuff, nice movement.

Since I live across the Atlantic wall, I can't haggle about the price, but the buyer will get a very nice tree ;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty decent stuff, nice movement.

Since I live across the Atlantic wall, I can't haggle about the price, but the buyer will get a very nice tree ;)
Thanks AlainK, if you lived over here I would give you a special deal because you made me such a nice virt for one of my other Larch ;).

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
If they would survive down here I'd be all over it. Good luck!
I once had a discussion with someone who fancied himself an expert on Larch who claimed that the Eastern Larch will not survive in a Latitude south of Toledo Ohio. Don't know for sure how accurate that information is/was but in any event it is out there and I am not in a position to dispute it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I once had a discussion with someone who fancied himself an expert on Larch who claimed that the Eastern Larch will not survive in a Latitude south of Toledo Ohio. Don't know for sure how accurate that information is/was but in any event it is out there and I am not in a position to dispute it.
per the 'experts' at wikipedia, Toledo is about good enough for government work.... (actually looked it up off and on over the years as I love larches but live too far south)

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I live in the Traverse City, MI area. If it doesn't sell here I probably will wait to get it in a pot and then sell try to sell it on Facebook.

I thought you were going to take it to Grand Rapids Meijer Big Bonsai show in early May, usually Mothers Day weekend...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought you were going to take it to Grand Rapids Meijer Big Bonsai show in early May, usually Mothers Day weekend...
My idea was that I would bring it to the show if someone pm's me and says they would like me to bring it. If no one from Bonsainut asks me to bring it I will leave it at home.
Well worth the money. Don't wait just buy it before it's too late.
Thanks Vin.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Unfortunately, they won't survive here because they need a longer dormancy period than my area can provide. Although Larch is my most desired tree I just can't have one.

get yourself a beer fridge of craiglist, this lil guy would fit in there nicely, could probably still fit beer in there wit it.

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
My understanding is larch don't like Ohio's weather unless you can assure them solid dormancy

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My parents tried two larch in Indianapolis, despite my warnings. They slowly withered away - dead in three years.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My friend has a larch in the ground on the other side of town. Been established for years...we are below Toleo by 3+ hour drive.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My understanding is larch don't like Ohio's weather unless you can assure them solid dormancy
Would one then...winter on a bench? I know when I wanted to do landscape I was told they couldn't be out in the open. Couldn't handle the winds I reckon. So my desired location got a weeping pea tree instead.

Top Bottom