Amur Maple No. 2

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hi, Amur maple it’s a nice little shohin sized tree with decent trunk. Needs a total overhaul in soil media and the root base. I will take care of that by repotting into a training pot or colander next spring.. but I like the size .. just needs more fine branching , also gotta bring the foliage back tighter .. I think a shade net treatment is in order .. it worked for getting back budding to occur on some other maple projects I’m doing in secret.FD5616C7-EE2C-4885-8E2F-5D56AC4F4606.jpeg

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have one I've neglected for years. It seems to finally be happy sitting in full-sun. I have only watered it this year. It probably needs to be repotted and chopped.

Yours looks nice. I don't know how well these will take to shohin dimensions, but yours seems to have bones that warrant trying.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have one I've neglected for years. It seems to finally be happy sitting in full-sun. I have only watered it this year. It probably needs to be repotted and chopped.

Yours looks nice. I don't know how well these will take to shohin dimensions, but yours seems to have bones that warrant trying.
Yes, they love full sun

Top Bottom