Amur Maple Progression

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
About 10 years ago I bought this Amur Maple at a nursery and planted it in the yard. Three years later I dug it up, chopped it down quite a bit and placed it in an Anderson Flat for about 5 years. Here it is today. Coming along nicely.

Attachments

• 000_0146.JPG
    000_0146.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 295

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Nice! I'm a big fan of amur maples and hope to find some to add to my projects.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pretty nice Dave, make sure to show us the fall color, I love amur fall coloring. Where are you located?

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hi Judy. Sorry, I forgot to tell you my location. I live in Nebraska :).

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, nice, not too many nice Amurs seen here...yet, seems to be a few being worked on nowadays, I'd like to see it leafless too if that's cool.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Very nice maple Dave! I wonder if digging a bit deeper you'll find better roots? I think the ones visible now look a bit thin for that size trunk. I had to do similar with mine and cut off several roots at the surface that were making up a sort of "false" nebari. Or if not, I would bury these and let them thicken up.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Lovely fall color! Making me excited to work one of these...with one coming next week. That needs much ramifications...but worth the work. Would also love to see a naked version of this tree...but the fall colors are stunning!

Top Bottom