An ancient and honorable challenge

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I spent sometime this morning uploading a few photos of my trees. I want to challenge other members to do likewise. The gallery can be a very powerful learning tool. Since I've only been doing this for a couple of years, all of my trees were uniquely qualified for the "In training" category. Slowly, one by one, I hope they can be transfered to the "finished bonsai" category.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Slowly I'll be posting more of my trees. Everything I do with bonsai is sloooooow... :) I like to present the tree at the same time as I present my plan for what I want to do with it (including perhaps a virtual) so that people can discuss/comment.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So if I post my trees to my gallery, they go to a public gallery? Am a bit confused on this.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So if I post my trees to my gallery, they go to a public gallery? Am a bit confused on this.

Yes. Your gallery is actually a sub gallery of the Photo gallery that is accessed from the menu bar in the banner area. I think it is public access although some Internet communities make it a requirement to join the community before you are able to browse the galleries.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So if I post my trees to my gallery, they go to a public gallery?

You can make your galleries public or private. You can switch them on or off at will. You can also edit them - adding or removing images or deleting the album outright. You can have more than one album (for different categories or trees or however you want to organize your photos). You can re-assign albums to new/different categories.

People do have to be registered on the site to expand album images (they can see the thumbnails without expanding). This was a small concession I had to make to manage bandwidth.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
i just uploaded some pictures in my gallery, at least i hope i did, not sure if i did it right though

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i just uploaded some pictures in my gallery, at least i hope i did, not sure if i did it right though

I looked for your photos but I couldn't find them. You should be able to see them in the gallery just as soon as you've uploaded them. Did you find them?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Barry;

I just posted a cork elm for you down in the elms section. I will also have a cork pine coming as soon as I finish the virtual.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Challenge taken

I spent sometime this morning uploading a few photos of my trees. I want to challenge other members to do likewise. The gallery can be a very powerful learning tool. Since I've only been doing this for a couple of years, all of my trees were uniquely qualified for the "In training" category. Slowly, one by one, I hope they can be transfered to the "finished bonsai" category.

Barry, I picked up your gauntlet ( I hope) :eek: and posted a few of mine.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Thanks for your help. i know that i uploaded my photos successfully now:D

Top Bottom