An easy to Care evergreen can grow in a pot

Louisinass

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
MAR
Hello friends,

Give me à easy evergreen which can stay un à pot without healthy issue and grow pretty slow ....

It's for a gift.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You need to fill out location. Not all work in specific zones. This will be an outdoor tree...and if you see cold, they will be prepared to winter it outdoors? Lots of variables...to factor in.

I might find a good bonsai book...and offer that as a gift. And let them decide if the hobby is for them...and if so, what they may like to grow. A good beginners book. I highly recommend this one. I purchased it and I really like what it offers.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Gifting a plant to someone who may not have experience with plants might lead to sad ending.

But if you insist, some places might have some nice "bonsai" among other things in the home decor section.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yea I have to agree with the above that giving a plant, particularly a bonsai is not really a good gift for someone that has no idea what is required to take care of them. It usually ends with the death of the plant and a very sad person

Louisinass

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
MAR
It's for a man who got a baby and also got a passion for bonsai !
He gave me the virus 😟 Who contaminated my bank account and my relationship with my wife.

You know, when you lie to your wife (look at, my colleagues gave me a tree this week) 😂

He prefer evergreen (like me) and my idea is to choose a slow growing trees, even a rare specie.
He care mostly spruce, pines, juniper, matesequoia.

I ask this for myself and for him. If you can choose one special specie, pretty rare and not used widely in bonsai who can grow in 8b area tell me.

I have though of Torreya grandis. But now it's out of stock sadly. I think it was a good tree to give after a birth and for a guy who know to care trees.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm not a huge conifer person of knowledge. Just make sure the rare species...conforms to our techniques. There may...be a reason they are more rare than you would presume. locating a rare species is a challenge of itself.

*I like the unusual myself. Here's an idea...find good bones...something that will be fun to develop further. A species easy to care for...so they have a better chance of keeping it alive with the reason behind the gift. But something of character that Will make it stand out on ones bench. Be it movement ... or neagari style...something "uniquely different " as in bonsai structure. I think it might be an easier task to come across.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If you can choose one special specie, pretty rare and not used widely in bonsai who can grow in 8b area tell me.

8b doesnt really give us an idea of where you are, just what your winters are like.

What state are you in? Please update your profile and put your state in there so we dont have to keep asking you.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I had never heard of this tree. Sounds like he's in China?

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He gave me the virus 😟 Who contaminated my bank account and my relationship with my wife.

She does not like green things? Or for husband to have any freedom to enjoy life:rolleyes:? Maybe too controlling and needs replacement.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Even giving a plant to a knowledgeable plant person does not often end well. Particularity if it is a plant in a pot that requires "bonsai" care. I am still taking care of one I gave to someone many years ago.

Top Bottom