An Introduction

Greastart

Sapling
Reaction score
Greetings All,

Live in far northeastern California. Elevation about 4300' so snow and cold are a given.

I'm here more for propagation techniques but it will probably evolve into bonsai.

Love tropicals, cacti, and dogwood.

Ask any questions you like.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Please add specific location to profile for best future info;).

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ask any questions you like.

What kind of laundry detergent do you use?

Are you allergic to pollen, or zinc?

Does ice cream have legs?

Kneel, or Ryan Neil?

If a bonsai truck leaves Portland at 6PM...
And a white Bonsai Van leaves Florida at 4PM...
Who buys all the S shaped trees?

Why the hell?

Welcome to Crazy!?

Sorce

Greastart

Sapling
Reaction score
What kind of laundry detergent do you use? What ever kind my wife purchases.

Are you allergic to pollen, or zinc? Zinc for sure....a real copper cent makes a wonderful sound when my metal detector passes over it. Modern cents....we call them "zincolns" since they're mostly zinc with a very thin copper coating make a horrible sound which hurts my ears.....therefore, I declare myself allergic.

Does ice cream have legs? It does if you happen to listen to a guy named Leo Kottke. "Nothin' Works" on his Album, er....disc titled "Great Big Boy."

Kneel, or Ryan Neil? Stand Proudly! Our America is a divided mess. Haven't travelled a lot but have many friends who have. We're spoiled, but this is still the greatest country in the world. Haven't watched a football game in a long time! Who's Ryan?

If a bonsai truck leaves Portland at 6PM...
And a white Bonsai Van leaves Florida at 4PM...
Who buys all the S shaped trees? The lady with the pink hair did.

Why the hell? Because it makes a great tool for keeping people feeling guilty and controllable. Besides, no hell, no mega churches!

Welcome to Crazy!? I think maybe I was here first. Seems you just noticed me!

Sorce

BigBen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!
This is a GREAT hobby!!!

Greastart

Sapling
Reaction score
Have you ever actually met a monkey's uncle??? .............;)
Indeed I have! One of my many dream jobs through the years was at a zoo where there was a large breeding population of howler monkeys. Since they were breeding I'm confident at least some of them were uncles. Now that was a fun job. At least it would have been if I hadn't just dreamed it up!

Greastart

Sapling
Reaction score
Just realized I crashed the party and brought up politics and religion in one of my very first posts! Do politics, religion, and bonsai mix?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just realized I crashed the party and brought up politics and religion in one of my very first posts! Do politics, religion, and bonsai mix?

Nice!

Lol zincolns!

That was funny as hell!

Sorce

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Love your sense of humor.

There is a ''Grafting, Layering & Propagation'' sub forum, way down the list of categories. It is a little sleepy, as often threads that belong there get started higher up the list, usually General Discussion. But there is a lot of propagation information in this site.

Propagation specifically for bonsai is a topic that gets relatively little attention. There is a difference between what one would do for future landscape stock and future bonsai stock. I do enjoy this aspect of bonsai, but as a hobby guy, I don't have time or space for as much as I would like,

Brent Walston, Evergreen garden works, has a series of really good articles about raising young stock to become pre-bonsai. Check out the articles in his Article Archives. He also sells young stock specifically for bonsai. I buy something from him every year.
https://www.evergreengardenworks.com/

Greastart

Sapling
Reaction score
Thanks Leo,
Brent is about 5 hours drive from me on a good day. But, thanks to the net, he's just moments away via e-mail. I'll read and learn.

Top Bottom