an oil painting of "The Emperor's Juniper"

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
This tree was shown for years at each of the Detroit Japanese Consulate's Emperor's Birthday Celebration, and consequently back in '99 the Consul General, Naoto Amaki had nicknamed it as such and it stuck, as he'd call me up and ask if the "Emperor's Juniper would like to come to a dinner celebration"...and laughingly I'd always accept. The Consul General was an amazing comedian in his own right! Today the tree is probably the best it's yet looked. (Even though this tree is simply a non important Chinensis of no name it still has presence). The painting below is on a canvas panel and will be framed as shown in gold tone leafed style plein aire quality wood frame. Certs and vitea attached along with ready to hang wire. I've had it on ebay at a fairly high price and it's stood there so now it's time to let 'her go'.. I'll ask for $30.00 shipping and $75.00 frame charge to BE INCLUDED in the bid. Let's start at $250 (includes the shipping and framing at this price). And I'll donate to the Pacific Bonsai Exposition in Oakland, CA that Jonas Dupuich has set for this coming November, 10% of the gross!

Emperor's Juniper after 40yrs framed as shown. The image is 9”x12” [23cm x 30cm] the dimensions of the frame are approximately 15" x 18"[38cm x 48cm] I collected this Chinese Juniper at the intersection of I-696, two blocks East of Woodward Avenue in Royal Oak, MI. The I-696 was on its way through town with a giant hole that was miles long. It was a cold winter day, the year: 1980. I had a '78 Ford LTD and I stopped to ask the fellow who was running the back hoe if I could collect the 3 threes prior to destruction. This painting was done last May '21 plein aire here in N. CA where I now live. It is sealed with a Damar varnish. It will arrive in the frame shown or very close approximate. I get the best 'gold tone' plein aire frames and professionally mount them with a certificate of authenticity. I'll also include a vitae along with a simple pamphlet of other works. My works were recently collected for an exhibition with the US Dept of State Art to Embassies Division and shown overseas in Fiji.

I've also attached a more recent image of the tree....LOL

Attachments

• 21May_blank_vert_frame copy.jpg
    21May_blank_vert_frame copy.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2126.JPG