An urban yamadori needle juniper

Nickagainst1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Here's one of six I pulled up when. I first started. There are only 2 survivors. I did way too much at once. Anyway Here's the tree. Needle juniper? Maybe blue carpet.20210813_013335.jpg

Nickagainst1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yeah i kinda sorta gloss.over all the atrocities I bring to the practice. I should probably not even say I do bonsai. Just miniature tree landscapes or some such, but it's clunky language so I just say bonsai. If it offends those here I understand but I guess have a style that says junk,plastic, concrete, man and myth have all had their influence here .

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looks like some sort of squamata juniper.
You'll grow over the plastic and concrete over time. Enjoy it while it lasts!
I'm starting to divert more and more to traditional bonsai myself. Not sure if I like it.

El Duderino

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Here's one of six I pulled up when. I first started. There are only 2 survivors. I did way too much at once. Anyway Here's the tree. Needle juniper? Maybe blue carpet.View attachment 394846
@Nickagainst1, I will chime in here. Welcome to Bnut. I'm pretty new also but this place is full of lots of sage wisdom. Dig in and enjoy.

Regarding your tree: So, once this tree has developed a better trunk and filled out pads and you can add more branching, I love this presentation. It's like the church in Liverpool destroyed during the Blitzkrieg that's now an homage to nature as trees fill the area between the walls below where a roof once stood. It's like a comment on the idea that nature will outlive (even outwit us) if we don't take her seriously. Anyway, hope to see you continue to develop trees and come up with interesting presentations of them. Keep at it.

Nickagainst1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@Nickagainst1, I will chime in here. Welcome to Bnut. I'm pretty new also but this place is full of lots of sage wisdom. Dig in and enjoy.

Regarding your tree: So, once this tree has developed a better trunk and filled out pads and you can add more branching, I love this presentation. It's like the church in Liverpool destroyed during the Blitzkrieg that's now an homage to nature as trees fill the area between the walls below where a roof once stood. It's like a comment on the idea that nature will outlive (even outwit us) if we don't take her seriously. Anyway, hope to see you continue to develop trees and come up with interesting presentations of them. Keep at it.
Thanks very much. I am just new and it is hard to get to cowboy up and post my work here especially knowing the great work and kind folks here. Thank you immensely for your kindness and not discouraging me.

El Duderino

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks very much. I am just new and it is hard to get to cowboy up and post my work here especially knowing the great work and kind folks here. Thank you immensely for your kindness and not discouraging me.
Glad you’re encouraged. I’m new also but haven’t even had the stones to style anything seriously yet. We will get there with learning and patience.

Top Bottom