And here Are a Few More

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sorry, Darlene, to have forgotten how to spell your name! And deep thanks again for all your support back when things were much more dark for me than they are now. Will
It can be spelled both ways ...no biggie. I'm horrible with names but strive to do better. Once I couldn't recall a guy's name I was dating. 🤔 pretty sure that's more offensive than misspelling. 😉...glad things are seemingly brighter! God...laid your name on my heart. I am sure of it. The way he had me looking for you during that time.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nope, not a ceremony, but it's fun to run into nuts out there who know of the "title" lol. Cause you know me, all uppity like that...

Yeah, thank goodness it had the odd number, otherwise you would have had to send it to me as I'm like the island of misfit toys for even numbered trunk clumps. I have a 4 and a 6 nowadays. Keep on rocking out your visions, you have a singular point of view that resonates with a lot of us apparently!
Well here's my humble gift to your Royal Highness, in honor of your coronation: Still not the quality I like, but this photo may give you a better sense of this clump. Enjoy!
S. Elm Clump - 1.jpg

And for all those who - like me - consider the threadbranch my best tree, a much better, perhaps - but still far from ideal - photo of it's current state. Enjoy!

TCF Cypress - 1.jpg

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was recently on Vancouver island and saw some shore pines and mountain hemlock in an environment similar to the one you described.
Fantastic trees there for sure. You have a very distinctive and expressive style to your trees that I enjoy very much.
Thanks again for your kind words! The Shore Pines, the Mountain Hemlocks ... Yes, Yes, yes ... (starting to sound like James Joyce in his "Ulysses" ... LOL!!!) ... BUT ... don't forget the Alaska Yellow Cerdars!!! Probably the greatest of the wild trees to be found out there on Vancouver Island!!! Not sure any of then could winter over in Alberta without some sheltering or cold frame or heated/lighted garage or some such, but worth a try! I always recall that line in "Four Strong Winds" by Ian Tyson about Alberta ... :)

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well here's my humble gift to your Royal Highness, in honor of your coronation: Still not the quality I like, but this photo may give you a better sense of this clump. Enjoy!
View attachment 250519

And for all those who - like me - consider the threadbranch my best tree, a much better, perhaps - but still far from ideal - photo of it's current state. Enjoy!

View attachment 250520
Excellent potential which I know you will be working toward. Lovely photo of the Cypress, can't wait till I can get out there to see it and you in person!!!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Excellent potential which I know you will be working toward. Lovely photo of the Cypress, can't wait till I can get out there to see it and you in person!!!
Are you planning a trip out this way any time soon? It would be great to see you again. Weather's lovely here this time of year!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Are you planning a trip out this way any time soon? It would be great to see you again. Weather's lovely here this time of year!
Not this year, as this is a Colorado year for the fall trip. We have been hitting the Oregon Cali areas in the winter to explore the Redwoods, it's addictive! We will get up that way in the next few years again, and will be sure to come and visit.

Top Bottom