and I still haven't found, what I'm looking for ('Hokkai Bungo')

ichoudhury

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
No, I didn't climb the highest mountains
nor did I run through the fields
or I have not scaled these city walls

But searched various online nurseries, ebay, etsy and so on, but can't find a source who is offering UME 'Hokkai Bungo'. I have run into couple but those are not true 'Hokkai Bungo' - Dark Crimson Red.

Any idea? Do you have one that you would like to sell ? (or trade?I have Mutsubara Red, Kobai and some unknown varieties, but been looking to get 'Hokkai Bungo' in my collection. Thank you for any pointers you can provide. I guess if you have one in your collection, I would be interested purchasing cutting as well (but I heard these are hard to root from cuttings).

Intekhab

Alexmacrophyllum

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
email Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks. His catalog lists small starter plants (well established rooted cuttings) of 'Hokkai Bungo' in 2.5 inch pots for $27. He may have larger sizes, but you need to contact him directly.

I second Brent at Evergreen, Awesome selection, great prices, and vast knowledge.

R3x

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
You American guys are lucky to have such resource for Prunus Mume. I love them and have to scrape all over Europe for some cultivars. Usually everybody sells Beni-chi-dori around here. But I managed to find some more so my count is getting up. You can see some of my attempts of rooting cuttings here: https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/ume-cutting-good-or-bad.34293/post-691544 There's also a list of cultivars I currently own.

ichoudhury

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Thank you so much for the suggestion!! I really appreciate it! I will reach out to Brent at Evergreen right now and will inform if others are interested!

Top Bottom