Anderson Flats sources

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
All,
Where you do guy get your Anderson flats? I did a Google search and found from this
https://www.stuewe.com/products/anderson.php for 3.50 a piece. Not sure about the shipping. Is there a better place for this?
Thanks,
NN

Just found out that shipping is about 65 bucks. That's a bit much.

Last edited:

sdavis

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I
All,
Where you do guy get your Anderson flats? I did a Google search and found from this
https://www.stuewe.com/products/anderson.php for 3.50 a piece. Not sure about the shipping. Is there a better place for this?
Thanks,
NN

I've had good luck with Stuewe over the years. Good products, good service.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
All,
Thanks,
NN

Yep that's the drawback...

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That would make it about 7 bucks a piece. Not sure if that is reasonable since I do have access to colanders that is a bit smaller size for about 4 bucks a piece.
I guess there is no other alternative?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
That would make it about 7 bucks a piece. Not sure if that is reasonable since I do have access to colanders that is a bit smaller size for about 4 bucks a piece.
I guess there is no other alternative?

If you find a source that where you can get decent shipping let me know. I can get pretty massive rice strainers at the Asian market for $3 that work really nice for around 5-gallon size plants. If you have a nursery nearby you might see if they would be willing to let you buy at wholesale.

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
From Stuewe, $7 for shipped Anderson flats is reasonable. Their per-item cost appears near wholesale. I can by Anderson flats for about $6 at retailers local to the manufacturing facility. Specialty stores sell individual flats for $7 to $9 each.

The flats are worth it. They’re UV stable and of thicker material than colanders. They may likely last 20 years whereas colanders might last 4.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I can get Anderson flats from this source for $6 delivered to Orange County, CA. They are slightly more expensive on price, but a lot cheaper on shipping (for me). I purchased 20 of the 15 3/4" x 15 3/4" x 5" ones and what can I say? They arrived in one piece :)

Grower's Nursery Supply, Inc

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
From Stuewe, $7 for shipped Anderson flats is reasonable. Their per-item cost appears near wholesale. I can by Anderson flats for about $6 at retailers local to the manufacturing facility. Specialty stores sell individual flats for $7 to $9 each.

The flats are worth it. They’re UV stable and of thicker material than colanders. They may likely last 20 years whereas colanders might last 4.
Thank Parhamr, I might get one batch of 25, That should last long enough for my life time.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I can get Anderson flats from this source for $6 delivered to Orange County, CA. They are slightly more expensive on price, but a lot cheaper on shipping (for me). I purchased 20 of the 15 3/4" x 15 3/4" x 5" ones and what can I say? They arrived in one piece :)

Grower's Nursery Supply, Inc
Yeah I also have looked at this site but looks like I have to call them to order. Their website is not very useful.

Actually I mistaken this one with Stuewe. This one is the one I was thinking of getting.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yeah I also have looked at this site but looks like I have to call them to order.

Why do you have to call them to order? I just put 20 flats in a shopping basket to get a shipping quote, and they offer me VISA and PayPal payment. I know I didn't have to call to order last time...

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Why do you have to call them to order? I just put 20 flats in a shopping basket to get a shipping quote, and they offer me VISA and PayPal payment. I know I didn't have to call to order last time...
I mistaken it with Stuewe. With Stuewe, you can't order it from their website. I edited the post but I guess it was after you have already replied.

Top Bottom