Anderson Flats

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
Does anyone know a source to purchase Anderson Flats?

dpowell

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I got mine from Stuewe as well (See Misfit's post for link). I used the TFLAT for some collected stuff as it's the deepest they offer with small drainage holes. I just used some AFLAT4's for some pre bonsai I have that I'm growing out and don't want to plant in the ground.

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
How about a source on the east coast? Shipping of a large number of them from the west coast could get $$$$.

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I'd like to plant around 20 of my trees I've been growing into flats this spring. The flats I used in the past gave me growth way beyond what I'd expect in a season. I think it has to do with the amount of air that comes from the entire bottom being open. I keep them on slotted benches so air can get to the roots. I was thinking of drilling lots of tiny holes in the sides as well to create even more horizontal root growth.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
i just got 10 of them a couple of weeks ago from Stuewe. Shipping even to Chicago was about the same price as the 10 flats. So yes, spendy, but they are large and bulky so order as many as you need up front.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i just got 10 of them a couple of weeks ago from Stuewe. Shipping even to Chicago was about the same price as the 10 flats. So yes, spendy, but they are large and bulky so order as many as you need up front.

That's where I got mine too. Unfortunately they don't nest very well, so shipping is pricier than one might think. I've been using some of mine for four years now, and they are still in very good shape.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Good to hear hey hold up well. I see they are a bit "wobbly" though. I'm thinking of making a 2"x2" frame to fit under the lip when I have to move them so the roots aren't damaged. Just a thought...

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They aren't all that wobbly. I wouldn't bother.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Well that's good to hear, they just seem wobbly empty lol

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
how much does one of these weigh?
It says 1256 lbs/m no idea what unit that is... 1256 pounds per meter? per thousand?

I was looking at the 17x17x4 TFLAT4 or 5.

Txhorticulture

Chumono
Reaction score
Another place

Obc northwest where I ordered them from a long time ago

Top Bottom