Anderson Pots New Addition Maybe

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Talking about Anderson flats, does anyone know where I can get a grow pot around 12-14" square, and 8-10" deep? A lot of us collect yamadori that have roots that will not fit in a 5" deep flat. I know a lot of people build boxes for these trees, but something already made would be nice. One can use the bigger nursery pots, but they need to be cut down etc, etc. Wish Anderson would make some.

I just sent a note to Anderson about building a heavy tray/pot, 12-14" square and 8-9" deep with the small holes in the . bottom. I assured them that the bonsai people would buy them all! I would bet much simpler and cheaper than building wooded boxes. I'm sure they will hop right on that

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
You might or might not find this amazing, but very soon after I sent an email to Anderson Pots about what I was looking for, The owner called me up. Really nice guy by the way. He said he used to make a pot like I was asking for that was 15" X 15" X 8", but they didn't sell well so he sold all of them and did not make any more. He sent me a couple of them and the trays that he made for them also. He said he would make another run if he had enough interest. To me, they are perfect for what I'm looking for with larger/deeper Yamadori. I have a pallet sold for him with one call. They are very sturdy and built strong. I would have no problem putting a large tree and the soil and moving them around using the lips for carrying. Any interest from folks on here? All orders would go through Anderson Pots of course.

Attachments​

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpg
    IMG_5092.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5094.jpg
    IMG_5094.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 69171398801__513AE008-2711-4479-91BA-B786EFED41E4.jpg
    69171398801__513AE008-2711-4479-91BA-B786EFED41E4.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 139

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Depending on price, I would be good for 20-50. I can also ask around at the show tomorrow. I could also add some standard Anderson flats to the order - another 50 or so.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Depending on the price I may be interested.

Currently building boxes.
So are most of us Chicago and I think these are going to be better and way easier than building wood ones. I also thing they might be close in costs and will last forever. I'm excited and hope there is enough interest for them to make another run of these.

andrewiles

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very cool! I'd buy 25 or 50 as well. Could pick them up next time I'm in Portland.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Very cool! I'd buy 25 or 50 as well. Could pick them up next time I'm in Portland.
Hey Andrew. Please understand that they have not made this pot for a number of years and have to set up for it again. The owner, Chris Anderson, said he would be in touch after the first of the year to let me know how things were going and prices maybe.

Contact info for Anderson Pots:

Anderson Pots
Anderson Die & Manufacturing

2425 SE Moores Street
Portland, Oregon 97222
866-950 7687
Email: info@andersonpots.com

I will keep Chris informed as to how the interest is going on this forum too. Thanks all for your interest. This size pots will be a lot of help for me.

Last edited:

andrewiles

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Andrew. Please understand that they have not made this pot for a number of years and have to set up for it again. The owner, Chris Anderson, said he would be in touch after the first of the year to let me know how things were going and prices maybe.

Contact info for Anderson Pots:

Anderson Pots
Anderson Die & Manufacturing

2425 SE Moores Street
Portland, Oregon 97222
866-950 7687
Email: info@andersonpots.com

I will keep Chris informed as to how the interest is going on this forum too. Thanks all for your interest. This size pots will be a lot of help for me.
Sounds good. I shot Chris an email as well to keep the pressure on :). In addition to collecting I want to use these pots to try a version of the half-repot technique they presented at the Portland Farm-to-Table event last spring. Hard to find deep pots with mesh bottoms.

InstilledChaos

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Cool! I would buy some for sure. What we need to do to make it happen is go to our clubs and take orders! I’m sure there are a ton of people who would order - and for those of us further flung from the PNW we can perhaps save some money on a bulk order.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Sounds good. I shot Chris an email as well to keep the pressure on :). In addition to collecting I want to use these pots to try a version of the half-repot technique they presented at the Portland Farm-to-Table event last spring. Hard to find deep pots with mesh bottoms.
Good idea Andrew, thanks!

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Cool! I would buy some for sure. What we need to do to make it happen is go to our clubs and take orders! I’m sure there are a ton of people who would order - and for those of us further flung from the PNW we can perhaps save some money on a bulk order.
Yes and I agree. Buying by the pallet and then distributing to clubs in the area would be a money saver I think.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not being made yet... I wonder if they could be done with a slight taper for nesting one inside the next for shipping/storage?

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Not being made yet... I wonder if they could be done with a slight taper for nesting one inside the next for shipping/storage?
Good idea Underdog. I have given them a link to this forum so hopefully Chris will see you suggestion.

I just checked the two I have. They nest very nicely, are solid, and do not wedge when I push on the top pot. Well done IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_5096.jpg
    IMG_5096.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just know/think that is the case w/their regular flats and shipping. I only have one so... LOL

Top Bottom