Anderson Pots New Addition Maybe

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They would be a great step up from my pond baskets. I would get 25 or so but I am all the way across the country.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Talking about Anderson flats, does anyone know where I can get a grow pot around 12-14" square, and 8-10" deep? A lot of us collect yamadori that have roots that will not fit in a 5" deep flat. I know a lot of people build boxes for these trees, but something already made would be nice. One can use the bigger nursery pots, but they need to be cut down etc, etc. Wish Anderson would make some.

I just sent a note to Anderson about building a heavy tray/pot, 12-14" square and 8-9" deep with the small holes in the . bottom. I assured them that the bonsai people would buy them all! I would bet much simpler and cheaper than building wooded boxes. I'm sure they will hop right on that
For my collected trees I just buy 15.5"W x 21"L x 7"H bus boxes and punch a bunch of holes in the bottom. Those bus boxes are very durable. It takes about 2 minutes to drill the holes.

andrewiles

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For my collected trees I just buy 15.5"W x 21"L x 7"H bus boxes and punch a bunch of holes in the bottom. Those bus boxes are very durable. It takes about 2 minutes to drill the holes.
That's an option though I'd prefer to have a mesh bottom. I've also had trouble with the ones I've used becoming brittle in the sun. Probably not UV protected.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I called yesterday and talked to Josh in sales. He is going to pump the idea up in the upcoming meeting. He thought it was a good idea. I will stay in touch here Andrew. Thanks for the bump!

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I looked that up and they look like they would work also. How sturdy are they? I can turn over the Anderson flat box and stand on it with no problem, so they are extremely sturdy.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I looked that up and they look like they would work also. How sturdy are they? I can turn over the Anderson flat box and stand on it with no problem, so they are extremely sturdy.
A bus box is a very durable plastic box that restaurant used for cleaning up dining table. It can hold a large amount of heavy dishes and utensils and withstand a lot of abuse. Here is a link to the ones I buy.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
A bus box is a very durable plastic box that restaurant used for cleaning up dining table. It can hold a large amount of heavy dishes and utensils and withstand a lot of abuse. Here is a link to the ones I buy.
How long do they last sitting in the sun all day?

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
How long do they last sitting in the sun all day?
So far I have some sitting outside in Louisiana sun for 2 years without issue. No brittleness yet. We will see how they do in after year 3. They have outlasted my wood boxes so far.

Top Bottom