Android phone app for collection

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I apologize now if this has been covered. I just read, on another thread, another sad tale of a tree collected out of season. The tree appeared dead after just a few days.:(
I discovered this app for my Android phone that allow me to mark a location on a map and retrieve it at a later (proper) time.
It's called "Map Marker" and I found it at the Google store. Looks like there is a premium version but I've not tried it.
I'm not connected with the app or Google.
Just a guy trying to learn about bonsai.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I apologize now if this has been covered. I just read, on another thread, another sad tale of a tree collected out of season. The tree appeared dead after just a few days.:(
I discovered this app for my Android phone that allow me to mark a location on a map and retrieve it at a later (proper) time.
It's called "Map Marker" and I found it at the Google store. Looks like there is a premium version but I've not tried it.
I'm not connected with the app or Google.
Just a guy trying to learn about bonsai.

I have the google maps app on my phone, I screenshot locations.

Then, I write down all info into a journal I keep in the car.

Problem, like this past Wednesday on my day off when the tree lust got strong -I found myself kinda lost with no phone service...

So, I flagged a beech on the side of this way back road, reset the odometer, drove out to the nearest cross street, & asked some fella and his kid what the unmarked road names were, and checked odometer.

Otherwise, I’ve learned to write everything down anyway even if google maps is working, and I can go back and reference that photo/screenshot from that date..

G-maps will also give you gps points.
72950AFA-0907-4C69-B6C1-102B77EB7AE3.jpeg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Google Maps enables you to save locations as well under favorites. You only need the GPS points.
Just zoom as far in as possible, press and hold, then tap your "dart" and save it.

I have used it in conservation research to save sample sites out in the ocean. It worked pretty well.

Top Bottom