Another beech.

Finnbaks7

Seedling
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgSo american beech. Just asking for help on how to style this tree. Or pre-style. Just can't come up with much. Any Ideas appreciated.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd chop it come spring.

This reminds me of BVF's recent JBP post. Gotta make the move.

I don't know bout beech though.

Sorce

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My advice would be to loose all but one continuing trunkline from the upper trunks. They all start at the same spot, so do not look good for keeping all. The left one, looks to have a pretty abrupt angle, which I don't know how well that works. If this were any tree other than beech, I would recommend cutting it down below those upper trunks. But beech are a funny tree, and stingy with their growth, so I might do this in stages. It is the best solution to this trunk though I think. Maybe cut back very hard in the spring and see if you can get some buds lower. The base is nice. The base from the second pic is better than the first one, but if you must keep a trunk from above to continue the tree, the first pic is a good side for keeping the left branch (in that pic) you'll have to see if you can get roots to grow from that side.

benw3790

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Chop it at an angle going up to the left trunk/branch. That will give you movement and taper. Let it grow like crazy for a year. Carve the wound. Go from there... If it weweren't a beech id chop it below all three branches like judy said.

Top Bottom