IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Original Video of Todd moving tree

C937ECAE-149F-4E23-9EDA-D80E9B8195C8.jpeg
4E711549-2E2E-4BCF-9464-15DE700E35A0.jpeg

Todd had shared a short video of his recently collected trees and i immediate knew this particular spruce was something special. Quick text to him and I sensed a bit of hesitancy about letting the tree go(I had initially inquired on outright acquiring it as a raw tree). So what is a man to do? Fly out and persuade him in person!

Flew out this past Monday and it’s as beautiful as I had assumed from the short video. Todd believes it to be his best collected spruce thus far and based on the purchase requests for the tree(by other Bonsai professionals), many are agreeing with that. However, Todd is wanting to see the tree through its finality and therefore not wanting to let it go. After a bit of a conversation however, I was able to persuade him into a collaboration! Since it’s a recently collected tree, the plan is to let it recover through next year and possibly an initial styling and a spring 2024 repot(assuming everything goes well). I’m definitely looking forward to working with Todd and having a hand in its progress!D733A7F1-C9A1-48C8-B6EF-D321A6271110.jpeg

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ive seen a lot of Todd's work on his FB page over the years, he definitely knows his way around a spruce.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That is some serious deadwood :) awesome tree, thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to following this!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Excellent tree. Deserves most respectful, real tree development. Should never be traditional styled🧐.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Original Video of Todd moving tree

View attachment 465442
View attachment 465443

Todd had shared a short video of his recently collected trees and i immediate knew this particular spruce was something special. Quick text to him and I sensed a bit of hesitancy about letting the tree go(I had initially inquired on outright acquiring it as a raw tree). So what is a man to do? Fly out and persuade him in person!

Flew out this past Monday and it’s as beautiful as I had assumed from the short video. Todd believes it to be his best collected spruce thus far and based on the purchase requests for the tree(by other Bonsai professionals), many are agreeing with that. However, Todd is wanting to see the tree through its finality and therefore not wanting to let it go. After a bit of a conversation however, I was able to persuade him into a collaboration! Since it’s a recently collected tree, the plan is to let it recover through next year and possibly an initial styling and a spring 2024 repot(assuming everything goes well). I’m definitely looking forward to working with Todd and having a hand in its progress!View attachment 465441
By far my favorite artist to work with on bonsai.

Top Bottom