Another Erin Pottery pot...yes, please

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Most know I absolutely love the glazes and finishes to Victor Harris pots...though I also have one of his father's pots as well. Came across a smaller number that may eventually get that Amur maple of mine tossed into it some day...but not next year. With that in mind...I'm just waiting stockpiling pots over at the UK...and when I have bought 5...he will ship them for free. :cool:

image.jpg

I also got this one...I asked Victor to do me a commissioned pot on what he seen for my neagair azalea. I am curious to see his vision next to my tree when in bloom. So...I nabbed it up as well. Just for curiousity sake...he was going for something to compliment the blooms. I just want to compare it up next to the blooms next season. And see his vision first hand. It won't be repotted anyways next year...so no worries. (I know it goes against ones thoughts as its textured. But...I'm curious...and,love Erin Pottery pots so worse case...I later find something to toss into it if I choose not to use it...or sell it at a later date.)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So now...to occasionally check his site for pots that catch my fancy...and add to the stockpile until I get free shipping. Win/win since I have no intentions of using these pots next spring. No rush...

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nice! I actually like both- and as you know the odds of that... well impossible :p No worries on stockpiling, you also know I have over 50 empty waiting for next year and perhaps another 3 -5 :oops:

Serious, as long as you take your time the method you are taking is excellent!

Grimmy

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
I have one of their pots that sat empty in my shed for at least 12 years - when I saw it I knew I wanted it, but never had anything right to put in it. I finally planted it up this year.
I like the finish on the first one you've posted in this thread, I have one with a similar glaze - again currently sitting empty in my shed, but I know what's going in it next spring.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice! I actually like both- and as you know the odds of that... well impossible :p No worries on stockpiling, you also know I have over 50 empty waiting for next year and perhaps another 3 -5 :oops:

Serious, as long as you take your time the method you are taking is excellent!

Grimmy
Thanks Grimmy...yeah...I know your preference for pots. And I get it as well. So your compliment was appreciated thanks.

Yes, I'm enjoying leisurely glancing through his pot selections...and I have wanted one like the first photo for some time. None the right size. This one...could very well one day hold the Amur maple. But it won't be its first pair of shoes. To shallow of a pot for a first time I think. I'm planting it in a oversized pot come next spring. Since it still needs developing to a degree.

I have one of their pots that sat empty in my shed for at least 12 years - when I saw it I knew I wanted it, but never had anything right to put in it. I finally planted it up this year.
I like the finish on the first one you've posted in this thread, I have one with a similar glaze - again currently sitting empty in my shed, but I know what's going in it next spring.

Care to share a photo of the pot that was worth the wait...of finding the right paring? Glad to hear the other pot has an intended tree for spring...love Erin pottery pots...sounds like you as well can appreciate their beauty.

@sorce...thanks...though, I'm not overly set on the second pot as a definate....But again with not planning on repotting it next year. It's not really a huge deal at all...just wish to have a few pots to contemplate when it's in bloom. To set aside for the following potting season. Right now...the neagari pot is slipped into the Sonny Boggs pot. To give it more of a display on my bench. It's the first to be commented on by all visitors for the most part. Love that little tree of mine. This is such an enjoyable hobby for me...though I can appreciate those who take it to the next level as well and show.

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
Care to share a photo of the pot that was worth the wait...of finding the right paring?

It was this one, now used for a kusamono rather than a bonsai. I really liked the glaze (which has subtleties you can't see well in the picture) and the shape, but it's too shallow for any tree I have had. I think this works though:

P1030273

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It was this one, now used for a kusamono rather than a bonsai. I really liked the glaze (which has subtleties you can't see well in the picture) and the shape, but it's too shallow for any tree I have had. I think this works though:

P1030273
What a great way to utilize that pot! Thanks for sharing,,,

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

P1030273

Hey Lurch.... I'm ringing again...

I don't know if it would be proper to use an accent with a forest....

But that there accent, would work well with one IMO...

Fabulous! Love it!

Sorce

Top Bottom